Wiki Posts
Search

Best Seats on Qatar A350 and A346

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Best Seats on Qatar A350 and A346

Hi guys,

Will be flying SIN-DOH-LHR this coming September on two new aircraft types (both very exciting!!!) and was choosing the best seats for my viewing pleasure. Any advice on the best seats (window obviously) to select? Looking out for comfort and the seats with the best views of the outside world! Both are of medium haul length at 7 hours per leg! Thanks!

The flights are

SIN-DOH on the A359
DOH-LHR on the A346
LHR-DOH on the A346
DOH-SIN on the A359

Any inputs are appreciated cause I want both flights to be special!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
On the 346 avoid the last row as it is missing a window. All the other rows should be fine. I am not sure about the 350.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: The Embassy
You didn't mention which class you'll be flying in?

I'd seriously consider ringing the office and seeing if you can do the A346 legs on an A380 for a small price / a few extra hours in DOH.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
On the 346 avoid the last row as it is missing a window. All the other rows should be fine. I am not sure about the 350.
Thanks Sixth Freedom! Any particular rows are good for wing views or all seem good? And is there a better side of the plane (eg right or left lol) to prevent any glare? Haven't really cared about such factors before but ah well ✌️

Thanks for your reply and help
Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
You didn't mention which class you'll be flying in?

I'd seriously consider ringing the office and seeing if you can do the A346 legs on an A380 for a small price / a few extra hours in DOH.
Hello Zebrametalevel!!

Thanks for the reply! I'll be flying in economy cause I got some sweet deals for flying from Singapore to London! Hopefully business in the future! 😁

Hmmm there was an a380 but I take the night time flight out of Singapore and there's only one a346 to connect to for LHR since I arrive in DOH at midnight! Otherwise, my layover increases significantly!

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Well, I did exactly the same flights yesterday QR 939 to QR 11- I guess you're getting the 21:45 flight - I had the day with the 4 hour connection in Doha (other days down to 2 hours). I chose this connection to try the A350, which was great (I didn't realise though it didn't have the same window 'blinds' as the 787 which is a shame, and all in all it was a good flight).

The SIN-DOH flight had 80 pax on board - so to be honest you could pick a row of 3 to yourself - but I had emer exit 30A which is what i'd pick again. The door does come out slightly (wasn't expecting it to) - and the galley was just there, but it had the space and comfort I craved.

DOH-LHR I had 42A which was not an emergency exit but a bassinet position (conflicting with seat guru) - so I couldn't stretch out fully, but had far more space than I was expecting. There are emer exits midway through the Y seating (not shown here: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qat...s_A340-600.php) - i'd probably prefer them, but 42A suited me fine, being 6ft6. This flight was busy. No USB chargers though

The A380 I took from LHR was far more impressive - the A350 seating had lots of space but no 'wow' factor. I havn't yet flown 787 (am avoiding).

Edit - just noticed that QR 11 can be QR 9, or be different timings completely - but I was on the A350/340!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chiraagnt
Thanks Sixth Freedom! Any particular rows are good for wing views or all seem good? And is there a better side of the plane (eg right or left lol) to prevent any glare? Haven't really cared about such factors before but ah well ✌️

Thanks for your reply and help
Please forget my advice as I just remembered that the A340 is also missing some windows in the vicinity of the wing. Taking a seat between doors 2 and 3 might be risky.

If you get a window seat in the middle of the section between doors 3 and 4 or between doors 4 and 5 you should have a good view of the wing, but from behind.

To avoid glare you need to face north. This means taking the 'A' seats on the left hand side of the aircraft eastbound and the 'K' seats on the right hand side of the aircraft westbound.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Well, I did exactly the same flights yesterday QR 939 to QR 11- I guess you're getting the 21:45 flight - I had the day with the 4 hour connection in Doha (other days down to 2 hours). I chose this connection to try the A350, which was great (I didn't realise though it didn't have the same window 'blinds' as the 787 which is a shame, and all in all it was a good flight).

The SIN-DOH flight had 80 pax on board - so to be honest you could pick a row of 3 to yourself - but I had emer exit 30A which is what i'd pick again. The door does come out slightly (wasn't expecting it to) - and the galley was just there, but it had the space and comfort I craved.

DOH-LHR I had 42A which was not an emergency exit but a bassinet position (conflicting with seat guru) - so I couldn't stretch out fully, but had far more space than I was expecting. There are emer exits midway through the Y seating (not shown here: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qat...s_A340-600.php) - i'd probably prefer them, but 42A suited me fine, being 6ft6. This flight was busy. No USB chargers though

The A380 I took from LHR was far more impressive - the A350 seating had lots of space but no 'wow' factor. I havn't yet flown 787 (am avoiding).

Edit - just noticed that QR 11 can be QR 9, or be different timings completely - but I was on the A350/340!
Yup! Well my flight is at 2120 but I connect on the 0105 flight of out DOH for LHR! It's a 2 hour connection for me so it's rather convenient! It won't be that empty for my flight as I went to choose my seats and can see my flights are rather full, especially since it's peak period in September. Hence, my hurry in pre booking my own seat.

30A sounds good! But does the protruding door cause a lot of inconvenience or make it seem cramped? And with the galley nearby, does it seem very crowded?

Yup, I'm 6ft1! QR9 looks rather busy as well already sigh! Emergency exit seats seem mostly pre booked but Yup, going to see if I can book any one.

Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Please forget my advice as I just remembered that the A340 is also missing some windows in the vicinity of the wing. Taking a seat between doors 2 and 3 might be risky.

If you get a window seat in the middle of the section between doors 3 and 4 or between doors 4 and 5 you should have a good view of the wing, but from behind.

To avoid glare you need to face north. This means taking the 'A' seats on the left hand side of the aircraft eastbound and the 'K' seats on the right hand side of the aircraft westbound.
Sounds good! DOH-LHR and SIN-DOH seem west bound so will be choosing the K seats for that! Thanks so much for the advice! Here's to fruitful flights with no delays! I heard the Singapore Doha flights get delayed at times and with a tight connection, can't miss my next flight! Qatar apparently has a notorious reputation for handling passengers who miss connections!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Emergency exit seats seem mostly pre booked but Yup, going to see if I can book any one.
Either pre-booked or blocked, so be sure to ask at the airport if there's still a chance for those seats They sometimes only open them a few hours before check-in.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Yup! Well my flight is at 2120 but I connect on the 0105 flight of out DOH for LHR! It's a 2 hour connection for me so it's rather convenient! It won't be that empty for my flight as I went to choose my seats and can see my flights are rather full, especially since it's peak period in September. Hence, my hurry in pre booking my own seat.

30A sounds good! But does the protruding door cause a lot of inconvenience or make it seem cramped? And with the galley nearby, does it seem very crowded?

Yup, I'm 6ft1! QR9 looks rather busy as well already sigh! Emergency exit seats seem mostly pre booked but Yup, going to see if I can book any one.

Thanks!
Is September peak? (Especially the 2nd half of the month?).

No the slightly sticky out doors didn't impede on me at all, but it did help that I didn't have seat mates. Neither did the galley, that's what eye masks and ear plugs are for! (And provided in the amenity kit in Y on QR).

I had my emer exits cleared by head office in advance (connections!) but I gather that you can get only by checking in early. I'd say book the best seats available, then get to the airports early and request changing to emergency exits. QR check-in staff have always been lovely in my experience.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:22 am

Personally I will choose the last few rows of the aircraft if I cant get the emergency exit on a almost full load flight. Will be less crowded at the last cabin typically. I had flew on A350 on FRA-DOH and taken a window seat. A350 is super awesome. The legroom is good. Its similar to Boeing77W.

If you are interested to know more about Qatar A350, you can read my flight review here.
http://theyarejudged.weebly.com/flig...frankfurt-doha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.