Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for Silver while on Y (QR)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Lounge access for Silver while on Y (QR)

According to this link: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg..._alliance.page, Silver is not allowed.

Can someone shed light on this for a silver and Y passenger of QR?
Old May 9, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by ABG2202
According to this link: http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg..._alliance.page, Silver is not allowed.

As I understand it Lounge access is allowed for QR Silver in Y as long as you are travelling on QR but not on other OW airlines until you reach Gold .

As Silver I recently had access to the VIP Lounge (It isnt !) on departure from Cairo and the Al Maha lounge at Doha. Not the nicest of lounges either , rather uncomfortable and lit from the jumbotron screen from above so felt like I was in a disco .
Old May 10, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold

You will get lounge access as a QR Silver (OW Ruby) but only the lounges QR specifies at outstations, not OW lounges.

The QR Premium lounges at LHR & DOH (Al Mourjan/Al Sawfa) are out of reach but alternative lounges are available for Silvers.
Old May 10, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
You use oryx lounge in DOH with silver
Old May 10, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by TheDinge
You use oryx lounge in DOH with silver
I tried to get into Oryx and they sent me across the lobby to Al Maha.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Looks like I'm not going to choose QR flights if I don't get what I got from EK-Skywards. I think Skywards is much better than QR-PC. In DXB, as a Skywards Silver, I can access Business Class lounges. Can someone defend QR-PC?
Old May 10, 2015, 4:58 pm

Looks like I'm not going to choose QR flights if I don't get what I got from EK-Skywards. I think Skywards is much better than QR-PC. In DXB, as a Skywards Silver, I can access Business Class lounges. Can someone defend QR-PC?
As far as I see, Skywards Silver gives you lounge access in Dubai only. PC Silver gives you lounge access both in Doha and across the world.
Old May 11, 2015, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
As far as I see, Skywards Silver gives you lounge access in Dubai only. PC Silver gives you lounge access both in Doha and across the world.
Absolutely. Plus PC silver gets you two guest passes a year in Doha on top of lounge access in out stations. Agreed though that the Al Maha lounge is really quite basic and nothing like the skywards silver lounge access in DXB.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:33 am

Also PC club rewards club sectors for economy much more than EK Skywards in terms of proportion to reach silver/gold
Old May 11, 2015, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by crombiestone
I tried to get into Oryx and they sent me across the lobby to Al Maha.
My bad...I mean Al Maha, the one you turn left when you exit the lift
Old May 11, 2015, 2:11 pm

I don't think that Al Maha is that bad. As I already stated in the lounges threat, when I have been there in February there was even Krug champagne.
However, keep in mind that as Silver you don't have access to all QR lounges that are listed here: http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/lo...worldwide.page
E.g. in MUC QR uses the BA Galleries Lounge and Silver don't have access there (tried it and even spoke to a QR representative on the phone about it). I think it is best to ask the check in agent about lounge access on a specific airport.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by giveupdestiny
I don't think that Al Maha is that bad. As I already stated in the lounges threat, when I have been there in February there was even Krug champagne.
However, keep in mind that as Silver you don't have access to all QR lounges that are listed here: http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/lo...worldwide.page
E.g. in MUC QR uses the BA Galleries Lounge and Silver don't have access there (tried it and even spoke to a QR representative on the phone about it). I think it is best to ask the check in agent about lounge access on a specific airport.
Not sure if there is more than 1 Al Maha departure lounge ,or if you're confusing Al Mourjan with Al Maha ,or that the alcohol policy has been radically changed since February ,but my experience in Al Maha at the end of April was ;On arrival there was no alcohol on display . I asked what I could have and was told Red or White wine or beer . Not even a lowly champers never mind the Qatar "Holy Grail" of Krug .
Old May 11, 2015, 4:02 pm

Nope, I'm not confusing these two lounges, I'm talking about Al Maha, which is next to the Oryx lounge and just above this huge screen many people are complaining about. In Feb there was also no alcohol on display, but when we asked the waiter about champagne, he came with a bottle of Krug and filled our glasses at the table. We experienced this twice, once at the beginning of Feb when the lounge was empty (around 6pm) and in mid Feb when virtually all seats were taken (around midnight).
Old May 11, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by giveupdestiny
Nope, I'm not confusing these two lounges, I'm talking about Al Maha, which is next to the Oryx lounge and just above this huge screen many people are complaining about. In Feb there was also no alcohol on display, but when we asked the waiter about champagne, he came with a bottle of Krug and filled our glasses at the table. We experienced this twice, once at the beginning of Feb when the lounge was empty (around 6pm) and in mid Feb when virtually all seats were taken (around midnight).
Interesting . I'm back in July so will chance my luck
Old May 13, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by crombiestone
Interesting . I'm back in July so will chance my luck
I hope you'll be back in July after Ramadan, otherwise don't expect any alcohol served on the ground (but still in the air provided that you don't fly to any muslim country )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.