Wiki Posts
Search

When is QR coming into Charlotte, NC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold, DL Gold, BA Silver
When is QR coming into Charlotte, NC?

It is unbelievable how many US Airports QR is already flying to, but CLT would be an fantastic asset for this airline! It could easy operate a 787 or 350 to this airport. CLT is a great airport for many connections in the US and the financial capital of the USA.
I honestly believe it could support a daily flight on a smaller aircraft then the 777 which is flying to the rest of the USA. Also there are NO other flights from CLT going to the middle or far east!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
How about never? There is not enough OD traffic out of CLT. LH is the only long haul non pmUS airline flying out of there and that is only due to large German company base in upstate SC.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by munichmarcus
... and the financial capital of the USA. ....
Really? Ok so I don't know much about the CLT area. But I assume that you mean financial capital of the USA after;
  • New York
  • San Francisco
  • Boston
  • Washington D.C
  • Chicago

According to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_..._Centres_Index
Its not even in the top 82 worldwide!

Having a couple of banks HQs does not make it a financial centre. IMHO
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dj_jay_smith
Really? Ok so I don't know much about the CLT area. But I assume that you mean financial capital of the USA after;
  • New York
  • San Francisco
  • Boston
  • Washington D.C
  • Chicago

According to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_..._Centres_Index
Its not even in the top 82 worldwide!

Having a couple of banks HQs does not make it a financial centre.
Hear hear! And QR doesn't fly yet to SFO, unlike both EK (daily 388) and EY (daily 77W), who also benefit from the large ties of the Bay Area to the Indian subcontinent.

So, when is QR coming to San Francisco, CA?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by munichmarcus
It is unbelievable how many US Airports QR is already flying to, but CLT would be an fantastic asset for this airline! It could easy operate a 787 or 350 to this airport. CLT is a great airport for many connections in the US and the financial capital of the USA.
I honestly believe it could support a daily flight on a smaller aircraft then the 777 which is flying to the rest of the USA. Also there are NO other flights from CLT going to the middle or far east!
We know CLT is the center of the universe, therefore, I suspect an A380 would work
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
If they want the hillbillies around CLT to fly them then maybe they should become the lead NASCAR sponsor since Sprint is dropping their sponsorship. So no more Sprint Cup Series. Qatar Cup Series has a nice ring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.