Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

New amenity kits or different depending on route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

I have just done 4 sectors on QR

CPT-DOH-LHR / JFK-DOH-CPT

On the CPT-DOH and DOH-CPT legs it was the "old" amenity kit, with the Ferragamo products, the smaller cloth bag with the cloth eye shades, socks, ear plugs and comb.

On the DOH-LHR and JFK-DOH we got Armani amenity kits with just a small bottle of EDT and a large size after shave balm!! Then there was a smaller, very flimsy poor quality smaller bag, with much lower quality eye-shades, sock (also poorer quality in my opinion), ear plugs and no comb.

In November 2014 I had the same thing - the original kits out of South Africa and a Dior kit DOH-JFK and the Armani kit IAD-DOH.

So, are the "new" kits here to stay and they are just using up all the old kits on the lesser routes or is there a two tier kit policy depending on route? I must say the new one is really not nearly as nice as the old (in my opinion).
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold
recently flew CDG->DOH-MNL and back in J.
I had 3x armani 1x ferragamo.

much preferred the old one.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum, HHonors Gold , TK Gold, MH Plat, QR Plat
I have been receiving the new Armani ones on BRU, KUL, and IAH. I much prefer this new option, the bag itself is of higher quality than the flimsy Ferragamo zips.

However, they did remove that second smaller cotton pouch and comfy eyeshades that I like. Perhaps the cost of those went into the bigger tube of Armani aftershave
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by freddo
I have been receiving the new Armani ones on BRU, KUL, and IAH. I much prefer this new option, the bag itself is of higher quality than the flimsy Ferragamo zips.

However, they did remove that second smaller cotton pouch and comfy eyeshades that I like. Perhaps the cost of those went into the bigger tube of Armani aftershave
I tend to agree with you - the Ferragamo bags seemed rather weak at times, and are slightly too small if you want to re-use them for toiletries or so.
Also, the Ferragamo lipbalm was horrible IMO, Handcream so so.. I'd rather have a huge tube of aftershave ^

Also: PEK-DOH got them too.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
I miss the old eye shades that were of a really good quality. Got to start saving them for future flights where they have the Armani ones
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
I miss the old eye shades that were of a really good quality. Got to start saving them for future flights where they have the Armani ones
True, the "small" amenity kit is a step down from the nice grey one before. But black eyeshades are of course SO much cooler than grey ones...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:15 am

Looks like Armani is here to stay:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...missoni-080415

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.