Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Qatar Airways – Online Upgrade Offer" LHR-DOH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by synd
Anyone ever got an offer from J to F? if so how much was it?

i have an a380 bkk -> doh in a month where i would love to upgrade to F. Considering using miles but would have to buy roughly 300 USD of miles. If the price is less than 600 USD for an upgr on that segment i would be considering it.
Yes I received one for my next DOH-CDG flight : 1402 EUR to upgrade from J to F !!! And as far as I know, breakfast flights don't even have caviar...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
FYI , on my latest trip .. had to change the date of my return flight ( a day earlier) , went to the qr office and asked for change .. no seat available on economy and was offered place in business .. price was 50% cheaper than the online offer I go (via email) to upgrade my original flight! Perhaps the day that you travel is a factor, but 50% difference ?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:27 pm

Any experiences regarding upgrade offers for ESB-DOH und DOH-KUL ? Y to C?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
I actually accepted my first E-Mail upgrade offer on a LXR-DOH segment next week as it was offered for 1780 LE approx £80 GBP which I thought was fair . I had previously upgraded the other 3 segments DOH-SGN-DOH-LXR using Q miles
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:55 am

I got offered an upgrade to Business for 2 legs of my flight (booked Economy Class B):
Goa to Doha - 4 hours - $100 USD Airbus A321 - Not worth it IMO
Doha to Frankfurt - 7 hours - $130 USD - Airbus A350-900

Considering the second leg as I have never flown business class before but the plane is quite empty so I will have several rows in the back of economy to myself... Thoughts?

Is it worth it?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:08 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
I got offered an upgrade to Business for 2 legs of my flight (booked Economy Class B):

Considering the second leg as I have never flown business class before but the plane is quite empty so I will have several rows in the back of economy to myself... Thoughts?

Is it worth it?
Goa to Frankfurt with a Business class upgrade for $230??? Sounds like an absolute bargain to me!!!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:12 am

I am not going to do business class on the Goa leg because the flight leaves at 4 AM Goa time and I will be passed out immediately, plus its only 4 hours

edit: Doha-FRA upgraded!

Last edited by spacemanvt; Dec 20, 2016 at 5:11 am
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
Sometimes the offers make me chuckle and other times they are incredible value. Back in March I got an offer to upgrade both legs of my flight NRT-DOH-DXB.

NRT-DOH Economy to Business for $567
DOH-DXB Economy to First for $487

Needless to say, I only upgraded one of the two legs.

Now if only they give extra Qpoints (even if only to the most basic Business promo fare bucket), it would be awesome.

Ro
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold

edit: Doha-FRA upgraded!
Good decision.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: QR Platinum

Is it worth it?
DOH-FRA is often "offered" for 500-600 Euro. So $130 on an A350 is a gift.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by toz100
DOH-FRA is often "offered" for 500-600 Euro. So $130 on an A350 is a gift.

well i booked my very last minute and am flying around new years so I think it was relatively cheap because I paid so much for the flight already.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:22 pm

Hi all,
I'm flying Qatar for the first time on 1/18, IAD-DOH-AUH. Yesterday, which was 15 days out from the flight, I received an offer to upgrade IAD-DOH only for 1300 USD.

I have no way of checking the load on the plane other than by trying to book a new ticket on Expedia, and doing that showed the business cabin a little more than half full.

My question is: has anyone ever gotten a second offer after not taking the first offer? I was really hoping to upgrade for under 1000 USD, especially since I was hoping to get the offer on the return DOH-IAD, although business on that flight looks more full.

I'm leaning toward accepting this offer, but this forum has been of such invaluable help to me over the years that I thought I should cover my bases here first.

Thanks for any help!!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:39 am

Nroeberg welcome to the QR forum. By the end of this year you should be able to find answers to this sort of problem on the dashboard. There are many questions you can already find answers to already.

I do not think it is usual that two different upgrade offers are made for a single flight. A possible exception was noted several months ago. I would not count on their being a second offer.

Have you investigated the cost of purchasing an upgrade for that sector yourself?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Nroeberg
Hi all,
I'm flying Qatar for the first time on 1/18, IAD-DOH-AUH. Yesterday, which was 15 days out from the flight, I received an offer to upgrade IAD-DOH only for 1300 USD.

I have no way of checking the load on the plane other than by trying to book a new ticket on Expedia, and doing that showed the business cabin a little more than half full.

My question is: has anyone ever gotten a second offer after not taking the first offer? I was really hoping to upgrade for under 1000 USD, especially since I was hoping to get the offer on the return DOH-IAD, although business on that flight looks more full.

I'm leaning toward accepting this offer, but this forum has been of such invaluable help to me over the years that I thought I should cover my bases here first.

Thanks for any help!!
Nroeberg, there is no second offer for email upgrades. The quote you got is no great value as is the case with many of these offers.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by crombiestone
I actually accepted my first E-Mail upgrade offer on a LXR-DOH segment next week as it was offered for 1780 LE approx £80 GBP which I thought was fair . I had previously upgraded the other 3 segments DOH-SGN-DOH-LXR using Q miles
I was very surprised that this online upgraded sector (Booked in N class but then rebooked into H class because of schedule change by QR meaning no flight on that day) actually posted as full fare J Qmiles and Qpoints and then doubled due to Qmiles and Qpoints promotion . 6385 Qmiles and 40 Qpoints for one short sector .

It was also the day that Al Mourjan lounge had water problems so I was redirected to Al Safwa for my outbound transit

Probably the schedule day change caused this but it made the upgrades well worth it .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.