Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STPC - Recent Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Are ALL paid business class fares OK for "free" hotel / accomodation ?

Many thanks for confirming^
Hi Terminalfive,

Not all revenue business class ticket are eligible for free transit accommodation in Doha.

Kindly check the eligibility peior to payment with your nearest Qatar Airways reservation office.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Alex,
Could you tell us at least if this is fare bucket dependent?

So probably Z buckets are not but what if I buy a sale fare C or J ticket?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: Privilege Club
hi Ised,

If there is no immediate connecting flight on the given date of departure and layover is over 8 hours but not exceed 24 hrs. The revenue RBD is not W/V then transit accommodation could be possible.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi Terminalfive,

Not all revenue business class ticket are eligible for free transit accommodation in Doha.

Kindly check the eligibility peior to payment with your nearest Qatar Airways reservation office.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Thanks AlexCM for your swift reply^
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by AlexCM
hi Ised,

If there is no immediate connecting flight on the given date of departure and layover is over 8 hours but not exceed 24 hrs. The revenue RBD is not W/V then transit accommodation could be possible.
Thanks Alex,
How about business class, and also which buckets will get them for Free? As from my understanding there is:

1) Free
2) Eligible (Pax pays)
3) Not Eligible

If there isin't a fixed criteria please let us know that as well.

Thanks a lot indeed.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Thanks Alex,
How about business class, and also which buckets will get them for Free? As from my understanding there is:

1) Free
2) Eligible (Pax pays)
3) Not Eligible

If there isin't a fixed criteria please let us know that as well.

Thanks a lot indeed.
Hi

Any follow-up on this info? The page on Qatar website: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...mmodation.page is a bit vague in terms of rules.
Old May 22, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Anyone with Amadeus access?

FREE STOPOVER IN DOHA MAY BE PROVIDED FOR
>
ITINERARIES WHERE SHORTEST STOPOVER OPTION IS MORE
THAN 8 HOURS AND LESS THAN 24 HOURS
FOR FULL DETAILS CONTACT LOCAL QR
OFFICE OR REFER TO GGAIRQRSTPC IN AMADEUS
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:27 am

Programs: QR Gold
Sorry for bringing up an old thread...

For anyone searching for transit hotels (free) - if you book a promo fare (booking class O) then you do not qualify (even if your shortest connection is over 8 hours)... I upgraded to J using miles and still was not offered the hotel

You are offered the hotel for US$125 for the stay or the contact details on the airport hotel where you can rent the room by the hour (min 3)
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Any response about award tickets in C qualifying? Suppose I can find a nice quiet corner of the business/first lounge for 13 hours (in at 6pm out at 7am). Done this type of all-nighter in the SQ first lounge so can weather a similar encampment.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Any response about award tickets in C qualifying? Suppose I can find a nice quiet corner of the business/first lounge for 13 hours (in at 6pm out at 7am). Done this type of all-nighter in the SQ first lounge so can weather a similar encampment.
I was asking myself the same question.

Need to go to IKA in 2.5 weeks and wonder about the options as my transit is pretty long. I understand the premium terminal is no longer there so I was wondering what type of rest areas there are in the lounge. If just regular chairs than thats almost not an option for me, I can't sit there for 12 hours.

Would be an AA Award so even if QR provided a free visa that would be good and I can pay the Grand Hyatt myself (has anyone ever stayed there - how long does the transportation take?).
Old Oct 4, 2014, 1:02 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Award tickets don't qualify for STPC.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I was asking myself the same question.

Need to go to IKA in 2.5 weeks and wonder about the options as my transit is pretty long. I understand the premium terminal is no longer there so I was wondering what type of rest areas there are in the lounge. If just regular chairs than thats almost not an option for me, I can't sit there for 12 hours.

Would be an AA Award so even if QR provided a free visa that would be good and I can pay the Grand Hyatt myself (has anyone ever stayed there - how long does the transportation take?).
will be 30 - 45 mins each way depending on time of day DOH - Grand Hyatt, there are closer and nicer hotels.

If you qualify for visa on arrival, it is only 100 QR ($27 USD). It's really not expensive.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
will be 30 - 45 mins each way depending on time of day DOH - Grand Hyatt, there are closer and nicer hotels.

If you qualify for visa on arrival, it is only 100 QR ($27 USD). It's really not expensive.
Where did I read 55 USD !?

Thanks, thats not bad! :-)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: Qatar Gold
STPC - Recent Experiences?

Flying Manila to Paris next month (discount business, I) and have been cleared for STPC.

The layover is only 8hrs, so I'm wondering if its worth the trouble, when you factor in possible arrival delay, immigration, registration at the desk, transfer to hotel (Oryx Rotana), check in and back again?!

Would appreciate any advice...

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:21 pm
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
I've got the Oryx Rotana booked for a transit of just over eight hours, just before the middle of next month. It's a short stay and I wonder how much sleeping time there'll be, but as we'll arrive at around 4AM at origin time, I don't fancy hanging round the lounges for eight hours at all. The transit hotel would have been tempting - indeed, we're staying there on the outbound - but it's hard to justify £130 or so to stay there if QR will put us up at the Oryx Rotana for free.

Remind me and I'll report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.