Wiki Posts
Search

QR LHR Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
QR LHR Lounge Access

My son and I are flying in F ORD-LHR (BA) and LHR-BOM (9W). I am Oneworld Emerald (AA Pt).

Will I be eligible to use the QR LHR T4 Premium Lounge? (BA is but 9W is not a Oneworld Airline)?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 4:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
No, for two reasons:

1. oneworld lounge access is only available when you are departing on a oneworld airline.
2. The QR Premium Lounge at LHR is excluded from oneworld access anyway.

See:
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:33 am
Original Poster

LHR QR lounge allows J/F passengers, right?

Originally Posted by nux
No, for two reasons:

1. oneworld lounge access is only available when you are departing on a oneworld airline.
2. The QR Premium Lounge at LHR is excluded from oneworld access anyway.

See:
http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Since we're traveling in J/F, (2) does not apply. But since Jet is not a Oneworld airline, (1) does
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rj123456
Since we're traveling in J/F, (2) does not apply. But since Jet is not a Oneworld airline, (1) does
It isn't a OW lounge so even if you were departing on BA or AA you still wouldn't get access. QR J/F only.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Maybe true, but oneworld website is misleading

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
It isn't a OW lounge so even if you were departing on BA or AA you still wouldn't get access. QR J/F only.

oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY QR J/F Customers ONLY
Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status.

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.

So in theory, if I am connecting from say ORD-LHR to, say LHR-CDG, this would be a valid connection per their published rules. (I know, my flight is Jet, so not operated by Oneworld; and also not long haul).

The following exceptions apply:
Guests are not permitted at Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha or Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4.

Ok so, guests are not permitted. But doesn't specifically say non QR passengers are excluded.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
You need to refer to the section above the one you have highlighted in your post on the same page entitled "oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status"

And then refer to point 4:

"Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha and Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 are excluded."
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
From the QR website itself:

The Lounge access is for Qatar Airways and oneworld First and Business Class passengers only, and is open at hours that suit all Qatar Airways departures, even if you wish to arrive up to three hours advance of your flight. Located at Heathrow Terminal 4, on the same level as the departure gates.
Suggests they do in theory permit access for F and J oneworld pax. Whether this operates in practice though, I don't know!

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/lhr-lounge.page
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:41 pm

I had no problem entering when departing F with MH a couple of months ago.
As far as I know, they're the only other OW airline using T4.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by DH188
I had no problem entering when departing F with MH a couple of months ago.
As far as I know, they're the only other OW airline using T4.
Thanks for the feedback! Yep, I think only MH and UL (Sri Lankan) now that they've joined oneworld.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
Interesting as I'm sure they said it was QR J/F only before, perhaps I misunderstood. The quotes above indicate that the lounge is for premium passengers only and not those flying in Y irrespective of their status.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
It is clear! No confusion in writing and in practice... !!

The QR First and Business Class Lounge at LHR T4 is really ONLY for QATAR AIRWAYS FIRST AND BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS.

One World anything... QR Gold or Platinum, or G'd status anywhere DOES NOT(!) get you into this lounge. N O T.

Clear in writing, and clear in practice. Since day 1...
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OnePassenger
The QR First and Business Class Lounge at LHR T4 is really ONLY for QATAR AIRWAYS FIRST AND BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS.

One World anything... QR Gold or Platinum, or G'd status anywhere DOES NOT(!) get you into this lounge. N O T.

The OneWorld website says it's for OneWorld Premium (F & J) passengers...

Qatar Airways Premium Lounge
Location details: Terminal 4, opposite gate 6
Opening hours: Daily: 05:00-20:30 (Nov-Mar)
Notes: This lounge is only available to oneworld customers traveling in First and Business Class cabins

Last edited by impeymac; Nov 29, 2014 at 12:46 am Reason: Incorrect info removed
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by OnePassenger

Umm... The QR website also says it's for oneworld F & J pax. See the quote I posted above.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite
I was in T4 last week, managed entry into the QR lounge with a BA short-haul business class boarding pass. Receptionist confirmed that access is only for pax traveling in First and Business class on any oneworld carrier, OWE pax flying QR get Skyteam lounge access. OWE pax flying other carriers may use the MH lounge, which I also visited being a BA Gold.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:44 pm
Lux

Originally Posted by LX64A332
I was in T4 last week, managed entry into the QR lounge with a BA short-haul business class boarding pass. Receptionist confirmed that access is only for pax traveling in First and Business class on any oneworld carrier, OWE pax flying QR get Skyteam lounge access. OWE pax flying other carriers may use the MH lounge, which I also visited being a BA Gold.
But there aren't any BA flights from Terminal 4?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.