Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Will I get Krug on board my QR flight?

In F, on the A380, Krug is served freely. If not, then No

Will I get Krug in the A380 On-Board Lounge?

Maybe; was unavailable for a while, last positive sighting 8th Apr 16

Will I get Krug in Al Mourjan?

No

Will I get Krug in Al Safwa?

No

Will I get Krug at LHR T4 lounge?

No
Print Wikipost

The Great Krug Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, AZ Gold
I have been in Al Safwa last week and Krug wasn't on display, but upon request several glasses were flowing.

On both DOH-AUH and AUH-DOH only Jacquart Brut was available last week.

Hopefully, Krug will at least be maintained in Al Safwa.

Come on, QR, do you really want to jeopardize your 5* rating?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by QR_Seb
I have been in Al Safwa last week and Krug wasn't on display, but upon request several glasses were flowing.

On both DOH-AUH and AUH-DOH only Jacquart Brut was available last week.

Hopefully, Krug will at least be maintained in Al Safwa.

Come on, QR, do you really want to jeopardize your 5* rating?
By the way, on vielfliegertreff you wrote your had access to the "first class lounge" as QR Gold. I was on Y in dec. last year and i am also QR Gold but they send me to the "business class lounge" for Sapphire and there i have never seen champagner before.
Are you sure they send you to the first class lounge because you are gold and not due to the F flight?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, AZ Gold
Yes, I am sure.

1.) AUH-DOH was an op-up and normally QR op-ups do not affect lounge access (in contrast to upgrades on miles/QCredits/cash).
2.) They only scanned my onward boarding pass in Y.
3.) I have already been directed to the First Class Lounge / Emerald Lounge in November on an Y-Y-transfer.

These were my only DOH transfers with an onward Y flight since reaching QR Gold so I never experienced being sent to the Business Class Lounge / Sapphire Lounge with QR Gold, but of course two cases are providing little evidence for a general rule.

I have not seen any champagne in the Business Class / Sapphire Lounge which I used twice as QR Silver. In November there was Billecart-Salmon in the First Class Lounge (Emerald Lounge), no Krug. On 1 January 2016 there was no champagne available in the First Class Lounge / Emerald Lounge.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by QR_Seb
Yes, I am sure.

1.) AUH-DOH was an op-up and normally QR op-ups do not affect lounge access (in contrast to upgrades on miles/QCredits/cash).
2.) They only scanned my onward boarding pass in Y.
3.) I have already been directed to the First Class Lounge / Emerald Lounge in November on an Y-Y-transfer.

These were my only DOH transfers with an onward Y flight since reaching QR Gold so I never experienced being sent to the Business Class Lounge / Sapphire Lounge with QR Gold, but of course two cases are providing little evidence for a general rule.

I have not seen any champagne in the Business Class / Sapphire Lounge which I used twice as QR Silver. In November there was Billecart-Salmon in the First Class Lounge (Emerald Lounge), no Krug. On 1 January 2016 there was no champagne available in the First Class Lounge / Emerald Lounge.
Thats interesting. I was gold the whole last year and on several Y flights but always send to the sapphire lounge. Due to the globetrotter promotion i should be platin this year. will check then what is available in the emerald lounge (first class).

will also have some business flights this year and will check what is available in Al Mourjan.

I hope the reason for the disappeareance of krug ist they just did not get a new shipment due to the new year celebration. heheh..
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Saturday, Krug was at the A380 bar, but not at Al Mourjan (asked at the bar).
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by brunos
Saturday, Krug was at the A380 bar, but not at Al Mourjan (asked at the bar).
What they had instead in Al Mourjan?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Don't know, sorry
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by brunos
Don't know, sorry

Billecart-Salmon NV

It is a nice champagne but of course it is not Krug. The bartender told me that Krug is now only in the first class lounge.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Lobengula
Billecart-Salmon NV

It is a nice champagne but of course it is not Krug. The bartender told me that Krug is now only in the first class lounge.
well i am not an expert and last time i tried both, krug and billecart and if i did not know i could not taste the difference anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: QR Plat
well i am not an expert and last time i tried both, krug and billecart and if i did not know i could not taste the difference anyway.
I can clearly pick them apart, they are both good bubbles. In fact, the Billecart has become house pour in my house, it's phenomenal for the price.

As long as we get to keep Billecart in the AM lounge I won't mourn the loss of Krug too much. If they try pulling the Mosaique pi$$ in the lounge as well as onboard then I'm going to look at lot harer at CX for my Europe-APAC travel, as they are priced pretty similar til QR for this.

As someone else stated in a thread here, I'm surprised there isn't more people piping up regarding the loss of Billecart onboard.

-A
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:10 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
I've never tried Krug before; or Dom for that matter. I'll be sure to remedy that if I can get a seat on an A380 from LHR to DOH soon...
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by fayraree
I've never tried Krug before; or Dom for that matter. I'll be sure to remedy that if I can get a seat on an A380 from LHR to DOH soon...
Or just buy a bottle of it!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:35 am

Are there any recent experiences whether they have changed their champagnes in J already? Jacquart and Drappier weren't the most exciting options. Found videos on youtube where they served Bollinger Rose in the past...
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by afa340
Are there any recent experiences whether they have changed their champagnes in J already? Jacquart and Drappier weren't the most exciting options. Found videos on youtube where they served Bollinger Rose in the past...
Sadly they were still serving the Jacquart and Drappier the other day. Neither of them are inspiring. The crew mentioned that J Class wines are updated every three months...
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by AndyFlyer
Sadly they were still serving the Jacquart and Drappier the other day. Neither of them are inspiring. The crew mentioned that J Class wines are updated every three months...
It's been crap champagne onboard in J since this happened this spring (except lounge on A380).

The crew will give various replies to deflect any criticism of the Jaquart bottle, including saying wines change, and a of lot other non-comittal stuff.

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.