Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-DOH flight duration difference?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
NRT-DOH flight duration difference?

Sorry for my ignorance but I am a bit confused. I have a flight with QR in July from Narita. According to my reservation flying time from Narita to Doha is 10h50mins. When I check the flight time now its 12h30mins, how come is that? It’s still the summer schedule so I don’t know why the flight duration is not the same now and in July. Any insight? Also the arriving time into Doha is a bit odd, i.e. 3:20AM. I don’t remember any QR flights from Japan arriving to Doha at that time.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: QR Gold
I just flew that route last week and we took 12 hours and 15 minutes. Going we took 9 hours 15 minutes.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways Gold, Singapore air Kris flyer,Emirates Silver, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by QatarA340
I just flew that route last week and we took 12 hours and 15 minutes. Going we took 9 hours 15 minutes.
That’s true. I am following the flight everyday and even though it departs earlier than scheduled time it arrives almost on time which means the flight time is more than 12 hours so how come then in July it will be 10 hours 50 minutes?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by tokyolyon
That’s true. I am following the flight everyday and even though it departs earlier than scheduled time it arrives almost on time which means the flight time is more than 12 hours so how come then in July it will be 10 hours 50 minutes?
Indeed during summer it will be shorter. I guess its because of the winds. But, the plane departed early from DOH and NRT (sometiems earlier by half an hour). Loved that flight!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Indeed during summer it will be shorter. I guess its because of the winds. But, the plane departed early from DOH and NRT (sometiems earlier by half an hour). Loved that flight!
Thank you for the reply Since you have been lately on that flight, NRT-DOH where you in C or Y? Can you kindly tell me about the meal service? Last time I took that flight was in March 2010 so wondering if there are any changes to the service onboard. And of course thank you in advance
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by tokyolyon
Thank you for the reply Since you have been lately on that flight, NRT-DOH where you in C or Y? Can you kindly tell me about the meal service? Last time I took that flight was in March 2010 so wondering if there are any changes to the service onboard. And of course thank you in advance
Your most welcome!

I flew Business; there were two meals, Indulgence and Breakfast. I had the Indulgence first and chose two items, If I remember correctly, pasta dish and meat dish and both were very tasty. As for Breakfast, I didnt order it; but there is a choice for Japanese dishes and Normal Ones such as pancakes, fritata, omlettes, Arabic Mezze.

Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Your most welcome!

I flew Business; there were two meals, Indulgence and Breakfast. I had the Indulgence first and chose two items, If I remember correctly, pasta dish and meat dish and both were very tasty. As for Breakfast, I didnt order it; but there is a choice for Japanese dishes and Normal Ones such as pancakes, fritata, omlettes, Arabic Mezze.

Thanks again for your prompt reply I highly appreciate it. Then I guess that it’s still the same service standard as before. Can’t wait to try it again in July and also to try the new A320 Business class seat on my way to Tunis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.