Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

"Printed" QF Gold/Sapphire card - ok for oneworld lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Printed" QF Gold/Sapphire card - ok for oneworld lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down "Printed" QF Gold/Sapphire card - ok for oneworld lounge access?

Hi there

I have just received an email that I am now Qatar gold, but knowing how long it takes QR to send out cards (2 months for silver from Doha to London), I will be without an actual card when I fly Iberia, Malaysian and BA later this month and throughout Feb and March. My question, is a printed gold card which shows Sapphire oneworld OK for lounge entry? Will they accept it, or will it be a problem? Just need to know as I'm taking about 10 flights so can adjust my wifi needs if it's a no-go.

I ask because years ago when I flew for work, I was star alliance gold and the card went through the wash (cheap plastic overlaid printing from Air New Zealand) and for weeks every time I entered a lounge they challenged me as they couldn't read the name, despite boarding passes saying "*G" and it just became really annoying, especially when we needed to call my AirNZ program late at night from Dublin to "verify" I was star gold before my friend and I could get entry to BMI's Dublin lounge, for the sole purpose of wifi!!

Thanks in advance wise ones.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I can't say specifically for QR, but I have not shown a FF card for lounge entry in years, relying solely on BP.

I don't even carry them.

This is with OW, *A and ST airlines.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Red face thanks

I had a heck of a time without a legible star alliance gold card in London (T1), Frankfurt (LH), Dublin (BMI), London (BMI) and Amsterdam (BMI shared) so if you say this it makes me feel fine about it.

at the moment, on my boarding pass it just says "/GOLD" after my priv club number...nothing about oneworld sapphire, but your confidence gives me confidence...thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 12:16 am

That's good enough. I achieve my gold 3 days before my OW flight. Printed the copy of my qmiles page and promptly used the CX lounge in Singapore and HK.

For return trip, my boarding pass reflected gold and promptly issued lounge passes at check in
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
Same here, did not need the card flying out of LHR. QR checkin gave me an invite to the Skyteam Lounge at T4 based on status on the boarding pass.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Most OneWorld lounges, in my experience, even when you show the card scan your BP (and want the accompanying "invite" if you have it handy). As long as the status is reflected on your BP, you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.