Wiki Posts
Search

QR 170 ARN - DOH limited PDB options.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
QR 170 ARN - DOH limited PDB options.

Flew QR 170 today and for PDB champagne was not available 'due to local regulations'.

Can't recall this has been the case before, was disappointing however there was no problem once airborne.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Oh the humanity.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Not trying to imply this is a big issue, but making a note that something about the service has changed, I also am not aware of what local restriction may be the cause. I think perhaps they did not receive any non-bonded supplies.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Reminded me of a thread I saw on the BA forum earlier today (for interest: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...round-iad.html).

Not sure if regulations have recently changed from ARN specifically or if there are more general changes, but looks like the PDB can vary per country.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Could have been:
1. It's always been local law, but not enforced. Somebody got knicked for it and now carriers are more careful.
2. Miscatering the unbonded alcohol supply. The bonded can't be opened until after wheels up.

Better they double check the fuel.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: QR Plat
it could also be related to yield. Some airlines tolerate absorbing the cost of the tax on a single bottole of bubble from some destinations, and some destinations don't generate high enough yield.

While in the great scheme of things it is not a huge crisis in itself, it is a useful data point, as always.

For comparison, a friend told me the current pre-boarding drinks on offer by SK in biz ex-BKK is lemonade and orange juice, so everything is relative...

-A
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
eh - PDB ....... I'm getting to old.
From responses, I'm gleaming Pre Departure .......ferg nose.
I now know, drinks ???
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by in2it54
eh - PDB ....... I'm getting to old.
From responses, I'm gleaming Pre Departure .......ferg nose.
I now know, drinks ???
I wouldd guess Pre Departure Beverage.

Furthermore I had a quick look at the BA forum mentioned above: I know Sweden has ridiculous high taxes on all alcoholic drinks. And when I understand the posters on the BA forum right, when ONE bottle from the bar is opened before the wheels are up, the complete surply is taxable.

Maybe they ignored the rules before and just got caught lately.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is OUTRAGEOUS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.