Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar pricing cockup-will they honour the booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!

Loads of comments and threads around with posters booking flights over the weekend (before web site closed down) and paying only charges and zero air fares. A few panicking and wonder whether QR will cancel the bookings, as TG did some years ago with a similar problem, but also wishing they had booked F!
One example here
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...ir_Travel.html

See update and new link in post 17
SS

Last edited by Silverswimmer; Apr 25, 2013 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:31 am

Programs: QR Burgundy, AA Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
They're canceling the bookings...

Got this e-mail this morning:

Dear Customer,

We regret having to confirm that due to a recent technical error in our system, we are unable to confirm your reservation with reference code XXXXXX

If you did not realize the error prior to this email we would like to apologize and we assure you that any amount that has been deducted from your Credit Card has been returned and should reflect on your account shortly.

While we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, in order to demonstrate our appreciation of your loyalty and understanding in this matter, we would like to hereby offer you a 50% discount on any base fare on your intended journey.

Should you want to take us up on the offer above, please reply to this email in 24 hours , and one of our customer service agents will contact you (please indicate preferred contact details) shortly to finalize your booking. Alternatively you may also contact your nearest Qatar Airways office. Please refer to this email to receive your exclusive discount.

Yours sincerely

Qatar Airways Support
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: QR platinum, HH diamond, Hyatt GP diamond, UA Premier Gold
That was IMHO well handled by QR.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: QR Burgundy, AA Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
The real question is whether I can afford the half-price premium cabin tickets I bought.

I'm thinking the answer is probably not.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
Loads of comments and threads around with posters booking flights over the weekend (before web site closed down) and paying only charges and zero air fares. A few panicking and wonder whether QR will cancel the bookings, as TG did some years ago with a similar problem, but also wishing they had booked F!
One example here
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop...ir_Travel.html
Totally missed this.... wonder why this didn't show up in this forum when the site was still up?

Originally Posted by f97johan
That was IMHO well handled by QR.
+1

I'm surprised how they handled this, I would have expected them to offer nothing.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Very surprised that they offer the 50% discount.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andrewindoha
While we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, in order to demonstrate our appreciation of your loyalty and understanding in this matter, we would like to hereby offer you a 50% discount on any base fare on your intended journey.
A 50% discount is generous. Well done to QR for handling this well! ^
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I wanted to book some that touched the US to get DOT help. But was too late.

Can't imagine the pain people will have to go through to get the 50%. Getting the smallest issue to be fixed from the ground staff takes sweat and blood.

Last edited by lsed; Apr 23, 2013 at 7:55 am
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by andrewindoha
The real question is whether I can afford the half-price premium cabin tickets I bought.

I'm thinking the answer is probably not.

"we would like to hereby offer you a 50% discount on any base fare on your intended journey."

Then book W fare and get the 50% off?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Has anyone made use of this offer? In particular, has anyone who booked tried to use the offer to book different dates or destinations from what was originally purchased?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsed
"we would like to hereby offer you a 50% discount on any base fare on your intended journey."

Then book W fare and get the 50% off?
In this context I do believe that base fare means the fare component as opposed to the YQ, rather than the lowest filed fare as opposed to the fare valid for ticketing under the inventory class purchased in the first instance.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
I have replied to their email within the 24hour time limit they gave and am yet awaiting a reply. My Privileged Club account still shows the flights as confirmed.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:41 am

i am dealing with this ....ing situation right now. trying to get as much out of them as i can. got round trip tickets to thailand 278euros... what a steal. we shall see what they plan on doing. just waiting for a response. anyone else dealing with this??
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by uncool qatar
i am dealing with this ....ing situation right now. Trying to get as much out of them as i can. Got round trip tickets to thailand 278euros... What a steal. We shall see what they plan on doing. Just waiting for a response. Anyone else dealing with this??

love your handle!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT andrewindoha. ^

Welcome to FT Uncool Qatar. ^

I hope that you both stick around and enjoy our community.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.