Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$2k Biz Class ex-CAI to DC/JFK in June !

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
$2k Biz Class ex-CAI to DC/JFK in June !

Qatar Airways have a cheap rate ex-CAI to Washington and NY in June/July on various random dates.

Down side is, you fly backwards to Doha 1st
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Wow, I am finding some unbelievable fares to JNB as well in July, just when I am due to South Africa again!

Any reason why CAI is so cheap?

I find CAI-DOH-JNB return from 21-31 July for 1436 GBP!
And as sammy7 notes the flight between CAI and DOH bookes into F-class on the A330 (BTW, none of the QR A330s operate a two-class cabin like the narrow bodies, right?, so why does it come in as First, and not Business? Booking class is D, which is Business).
With prices like this I'll be more than happy to spend another 550 GBP for a positioning fliht to CAI.

Flying OSL-DOH-JNB on the same dates in Business comes in at 4033 GBP, so by choosing the CAI-fare I would save about 2000GBP, and make 24000 Qmiles, and 106 Qpoints! Hectic.
Another OSL-comparison, flying the same dates in eco would cost me 1218 GBP. Not much of a difference, and stopover in DOH is only 2 hours longer from CAI+PT or new Business class lounge (or whatever they are planning) at NDIA.

Just hope the fares last a while, as I have a JNB-trip in April, that I just booked, so can't book the July one just now.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Most of QR A330s operate a two-class cabin (C and Y). In middle east C is often named F.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: QR Gold
I saw on a german forum about prices from CAI - I priced them up and they were good and to be honest very good in Y as well as J (£340 Y or £800 J).

I guess they are not getting good traffic from CAI ???
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by kataka
Most of QR A330s operate a two-class cabin (C and Y). In middle east C is often named F.
Oh, OK, the I assume it is either version 1 or 2 then, as version 3 is 3-class.

Originally Posted by cundall
I saw on a german forum about prices from CAI - I priced them up and they were good and to be honest very good in Y as well as J (£340 Y or £800 J).

I guess they are not getting good traffic from CAI ???
I don't know, but their prices seem to priced like this normally, as I found the same pices in both April, May, June and July. Getting my hopes up for the July- trip now :-)

Last edited by SAA340; Mar 8, 2013 at 2:54 am
Old Mar 8, 2013, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
I think the main reason for these fares, is tourism to Egypt has dropped significantly since Mubarak got kicked out, therefore airline loads ex-CAI are mostly very light.

Thats my guess.

By the way, EgyptAir is also running a stellar J class promotion CAI - JFK. Its only slightly more expensive but you get *Alliance miles, and its direct from CAI to JFK (no need to fly backwards to Doha/Dubai,....etc)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
CAI fares are cheap for most airlines... Except MS!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 9:33 am

Does anyone know of any European cities that could match the prices ex-CAI? Flying out of Norway, and I wouldn't mind flying all the way down to CAI for the cheap fares, but would prefer it if there are any European destinations offering more or less the same prices.
Yes, I could make a search for all destinations and compare, but would like to ask here first, before spending hours searching QR.com :-)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by SAA340
Does anyone know of any European cities that could match the prices ex-CAI?
Not found anything in J, in Y have a look at WAW, BCN, MAD, BUD - I had a really good flight from BUD to HKG last year (<£250).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.