Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, VS silver, BA Silver
Lounge at IAH

Traveling QR to DEL in April on UA award ticket.

SFO-IAH-DOH-DEL

The layover in IAH is just under four hours, will bags be interlined given that ticket was one itinerary when booked even though the agreement is no longer active? I figure yes, but would like to be prepared if I'm wrong.

Next question is lounge usage at IAH - we're traveling in Business on QR so presume use of a lounge, anybody able to confirm which one?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by napamatt
Traveling QR to DEL in April on UA award ticket.

SFO-IAH-DOH-DEL

The layover in IAH is just under four hours, will bags be interlined given that ticket was one itinerary when booked even though the agreement is no longer active? I figure yes, but would like to be prepared if I'm wrong.

Next question is lounge usage at IAH - we're traveling in Business on QR so presume use of a lounge, anybody able to confirm which one?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Napamatt,

For the through checked luggage inquiry, could you please kindly send the electronic ticket number via "private message" so that I can check for you.

Concessions of Houston lounge is used for the departure passenger from IAH airport.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
There is an executive lounge for use in the "D" terminal. It is a decent size, but was fairly crowded when I used it last month. The wine/alcohol selection was better than the United Clubs at IAH (not hard to do), and there was both hot and cold food (soup, sandwich, veggie slices, fruit, chips), free wi-fi. I had a little to eat, but the food wasn't that good so I didn't really eat too much before the flight, which was a good choice because the food onboard was really good.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Is the concessions lounge independent? I've never heard of that one before.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Is the concessions lounge independent? I've never heard of that one before.
The lounge in IAH, as is with all QR lounges world wide, are not operated by QR. The lounge in IAH is used by Lufthansa and other airlines.

Even the lounge in Doha is not an QR exclusive lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I believe that the IAH lounge is very near the gate that they use. It is like a small independent structure within the terminal and looks quite good for an outstation lounge.

Although I have had the good fortune to take IAH-DOH in J twice (it is a great flight, I hope you enjoy it!) I have not been in the lounge!

Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Even the lounge in Doha is not an QR exclusive lounge.
I think that they are...

The Premium Terminal is definitely a QR exclusive. And then in the main terminal there are two lounges (the old F and J lounges for those who remember) for QR FFP Gold and Silver status holders.

There is however another lounge (the Oryx Lounge) which is used by premium passengers of all other airlines and is also available to all economy passengers who wish to pay a fee to enter.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I think that they are...

The Premium Terminal is definitely a QR exclusive. And then in the main terminal there are two lounges (the old F and J lounges for those who remember) for QR FFP Gold and Silver status holders.

There is however another lounge (the Oryx Lounge) which is used by premium passengers of all other airlines and is also available to all economy passengers who wish to pay a fee to enter.
Only the silver lounge is exclusive to QR, they now use the oryx lounge as the gold lounge. So you can imagine how busy that lounge is with all QR gold, all other airlines premium passengers and parakeets paying a fee.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

My transit time through Doha is two hours, so I don't expect to spend a lot of time in the Premium Terminal.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I was at the Terminal D Eexecutive Lounge yesterday for about 45 minutes pre-IAH-DOH. It was immensely crowded, which I couldn't figure out since it looked like the only passengers who should have access would be QR C and EK C/F, but the # of people seemed double that. (The lounge is also used by LH but that fight was long gone. It used to be used by SQ as well but I did not see SQ's name any longer, so I'm not sure what SQ is using these days.) As others have said, liquor and food selection quite good for an outstation. I enjoyed the "spicy beef rice" which for Southern Yanks was basically Cajun rice. I also really enjoyed QR C on IAH-DOH. The boarding and jetway are a disaster but the flight was really great. Looking forward to DOH-IAH in a few days. Enjoy!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by st530
I was at the Terminal D Eexecutive Lounge yesterday for about 45 minutes pre-IAH-DOH. It was immensely crowded, which I couldn't figure out since it looked like the only passengers who should have access would be QR C and EK C/F, but the # of people seemed double that. (The lounge is also used by LH but that fight was long gone. It used to be used by SQ as well but I did not see SQ's name any longer, so I'm not sure what SQ is using these days.) As others have said, liquor and food selection quite good for an outstation. I enjoyed the "spicy beef rice" which for Southern Yanks was basically Cajun rice. I also really enjoyed QR C on IAH-DOH. The boarding and jetway are a disaster but the flight was really great. Looking forward to DOH-IAH in a few days. Enjoy!
By QR C I'm guessing you mean business, I'm still trying to get used to all the codes. Keep in mind that QR gold and silver PC members have access to the lounge as well. I would not be surprised if this is the case for EK as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.