Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outstanding Premium Lounge at Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2013, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaka
Right- i was just there, briefly. Got turned away by manager saying MH has a lounge in T4. Even when the sign says all QR and oneworld F and J pax. Seems like LHR always have their own set of rules (BA and QR) that i've heard of.

Anyone experienced this before?
Were you flying J or F on MH [or QR] then? If so, you should've been admitted on that basis. Usual OW Emerald access rules don't cut the mustard here.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:32 am

Is it possible to use this lounge if arriving on a QR J flight, or is it for departures only?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Is it possible to use this lounge if arriving on a QR J flight, or is it for departures only?
Departure
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by QatarA340
Departure
Ah dang it. But looks like I can access if departing on BA F, right? And if so, is it possible to reserve the private shower rooms in advance? Thanks again!

The Lounge access is for Qatar Airways and oneworld First and Business Class passengers only
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Ah dang it. But looks like I can access if departing on BA F, right? And if so, is it possible to reserve the private shower rooms in advance? Thanks again!
You're unlikely to be able access the lounge when departing on a BA F flight, they go from LHR T3 or 5, QR are based in T4.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:03 am
Suspended

Ah dang it. But looks like I can access if departing on BA F, right?
The only other OW carrier using T4 is Malaysian.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
The only other OW carrier using T4 is Malaysian.
I flew from LHR T4 on Thursday in economy with QR and noticed the Malaysian lounge had the OneWorld emerald/sapphire symbols at the entrance. I completely forgot about the Malaysian lounge but, as a BA Gold card-holder, got an invitation to the T4 SkyTeam lounge (which I visited briefly but the Malaysian lounge would have been ideal for the boarding gate used). If faced with the same circumstances again, I will see if I can try out the Malaysian lounge if it is open given that they appear to be playing the game regarding OneWorld lounge access rules (unlike QR ).
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I flew from LHR T4 on Thursday in economy with QR and noticed the Malaysian lounge had the OneWorld emerald/sapphire symbols at the entrance. I completely forgot about the Malaysian lounge but, as a BA Gold card-holder, got an invitation to the T4 SkyTeam lounge (which I visited briefly but the Malaysian lounge would have been ideal for the boarding gate used). If faced with the same circumstances again, I will see if I can try out the Malaysian lounge if it is open given that they appear to be playing the game regarding OneWorld lounge access rules (unlike QR ).
The MH lounge @ LHR T4 tends not to be open around the time most QR flights leave.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
The MH lounge @ LHR T4 tends not to be open around the time most QR flights leave.
I heard they're not too keen on letting QR pax in even when they are open... Not that I really blame them I suppose...

Might be taking an evening flight out of LHR late June so will try to pay a visit if I remember! Although I quite like the SkyTeam lounge anyway (they have Tanqueray )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.