Wiki Posts
Search

"manage your bookings" are down

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
"manage your bookings" are down

At QR´s web the "Manage your bookings" are down. The only message I get is "....currently not available". As usual for QR - zero useful info given.

Anyone know why and for how long this will last?
Old May 9, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Hi, Run4run,

Please kindly send the screenshot of the error page to [email protected] so that our team can assist you on this issue.

Best regards,
Alex
Old May 9, 2012, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Ehh..... I admire you followimg us up Alex, but are you seriosly telling me that QR domt have a system that automaticly generates catch of errors like this? This fault is not in my system, but in your own...
Old May 9, 2012, 10:00 pm

RUN4FUN,

When the OLCI is available, the manage booking feature becomes unavailable. Are you within 36 hours of departure?
Old May 10, 2012, 2:06 am

It's been down for me for the last couple of days as well. And I don't have any bookings with departure within 36 hours.

My bookings were there on Tuesday, and I tried to chose seats then, but there was no kind of navigation, next or submit-buttons anywhere to be found.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andain
It's been down for me for the last couple of days as well. And I don't have any bookings with departure within 36 hours.

My bookings were there on Tuesday, and I tried to chose seats then, but there was no kind of navigation, next or submit-buttons anywhere to be found.
Same with me. This feature on the web is not connected to time to departure. All future flights used to show all the way up to departure og the last flight on the itn/booking. After OLCI the only difference is that choosing seats become blocked.

Now it is just "try again later". And my issue is that QR clearly dont have enough respect for us as (loyal) coustomers when they consistlanty undercommunicate their problems. I would much rather have bad and correct news then no news.... Even the lcc's value their coustomers that much.

I love QR in the air and in some airports, like OSL, and also the spirit of Michael and Alex, but my impression is that QR now focus to much on growth - at the cost of overall quality.

Last edited by RUN4FUN; May 10, 2012 at 7:56 am
Old May 10, 2012, 11:22 am

My bookings are back as I'm writing this post.

Unrelated to the subject at hand, I also managed to select seats, when using Firefox instead of Chrome
Old May 10, 2012, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Good job Alex!! ^

And my hope is that QR in the future give a more accurate notice on how long time features or functions will be down. As this must have been a deliberate downtime for maintenance of some sort, it would take so little to avoid our frustrations.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:07 pm

Programs: Air Canada 75K 1MM, Qatar Gold, IHG
I cannot ever seem to make a Reward Upgrade on the site. Get stuck at 'Select Passenger'. Using Mac/Chrome. Tried other browsers too. No luck. is it me or the site?
Old May 13, 2012, 12:02 am
Company Representative - Qatar Airways

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club
We've raised the error messaging issue to the right team with the expectation that we make meaningful improvements in the nature of our error message notifications.

Thank you for taking the time to raise this issue.

Brgds. Michael
@ The Qatar Airways Community
Old May 13, 2012, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tofng
I cannot ever seem to make a Reward Upgrade on the site. Get stuck at 'Select Passenger'. Using Mac/Chrome. Tried other browsers too. No luck. is it me or the site?
Never had a problem with this one. And I suppose you also are aware of "upgrade to class" on the purple line under/on the "choose the passanger"-step. Missing this one will block you.
Old May 13, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Never had a problem with this one. And I suppose you also are aware of "upgrade to class" on the purple line under/on the "choose the passanger"-step. Missing this one will block you.
Chrome on Windows is not working for a lot of things on the site. The best bet for things are IE8 or IE9 with compatability view enabled.

-A
Old May 13, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: Air Canada 75K 1MM, Qatar Gold, IHG
Originally Posted by RUN4FUN
Thanks for the advice. I am not seeing what you are seeing. Mac Chrome or Safari. Will try PC-IE tomorrow.

QR does realize that Chrome is / will be the worlds #1 browser ? Its the attention to details that make the difference.
Old May 26, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Gold, QR Silver, HH Diamond
OLCI down now

Question to Qatar IT, exactly why is the site so incredibly unreliable?

OLCI keeps hanging, at a variety of different points mid checkin.

Now finally made it to checkin - but "Print BP" button doesn't work. Nor any of the others.

Browser is Chrome.

I am wasting so much time on QR's website, it's a serious deterrent to using them.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: TK *G
I can confirm that there is (still) a compatibility issue with Google Chrome and the seating page. But I just encountered another problem with their seating page. Since QR changed the airplane type for my booked flights I cannot access the seating table of those flights anymore. I just get to the “processing you request” page when I choose those flights but then it does not get further. I tried it several times with all kind of browsers without any change. My wife does not feel too comfortable of flying and since this will be our honeymoon I really would like to ensure that we have a nice seating. When I reported this to QR support my support ticket got closed without any reply.

It will be my first experience with QR and I really hope their onflight service is more reliable than their website seems to be..

Last edited by toctoc; Jul 3, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.