Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Can I get Premium Terminal Access?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by impeymac
The airline that owns the lounge seems to say otherwise...

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/premium-terminal.page

I don't know if you'll get into the F lounge or not to be honest, access might well change after Oct 30th, but if it doesn't I'm sure waving a piece of paper in their face will do the trick & won't make you look like a DYKWIA at all.

As I said before I'm sure this will be resolved when NDIA opens.
I'm sure QR will be accepting the reciprocal benefits of OW membership for their elites from November 1st, so I see no reason why they should be able to shirk their responsibilities just because they're incapable of scheduling their construction work to complete on time.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I'm sure QR will be accepting the reciprocal benefits of OW membership for their elites from November 1st, so I see no reason why they should be able to shirk their responsibilities just because they're incapable of scheduling their construction work to complete on time.
Me too! I also wonder if existing factors wrt logistics, amenities & capacity may currently not be up to expected OW standard. So QR/OW may delay access to some of the lounges until NDIA opens when they can provide a decent experience for all involved rather than shoe-horning everyone into already overloaded facilities.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Me too! I also wonder if existing factors wrt logistics, amenities & capacity may currently not be up to expected OW standard. So QR/OW may delay access to some of the lounges until NDIA opens when they can provide a decent experience for all involved rather than shoe-horning everyone into already overloaded facilities.
Because so many other airlines are allowed to do so? Galleries Club at LHR, almost all AAdmirals Club lounges, these are often full to bursting with OWS pax.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:48 am

Because so many other airlines are allowed to do so? Galleries Club at LHR, almost all AAdmirals Club lounges, these are often full to bursting with OWS pax.
I'm just trying to give possible ways forward after Oct 30th, I don't know what will happen for certain & neither does anyone else. QR have not yet published lounge access rules for after Oct 30th & the OW website appears to show the Oryx lounge as available, nothing else at the moment.

As you're being so dogmatic I suggest you just stick to your plan of being a nuisance & waving bits of paper in their face at the PT if OneWorlds rules aren't adhered to by the letter. How about emailing Al Baker to let him know exactly what you're expecting & to get it right?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:07 am

Dogmatic is an interesting adjective to describe someone who is imparting the facts.

I am a man. This is fact. The statement of that fact shouldn't make me appear dogmatic, surely?

OWEs are entitled to access First class lounges of member airlines. This is fact. Whether or not I'll be allowed in is certainly open to discussion, but the fact is that, at least on paper, I should be.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:33 am

Dogmatic is an interesting adjective to describe someone who is imparting the facts.

I am a man. This is fact. The statement of that fact shouldn't make me appear dogmatic, surely?

OWEs are entitled to access First class lounges of member airlines. This is fact. Whether or not I'll be allowed in is certainly open to discussion, but the fact is that, at least on paper, I should be.
Dogmatic: asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.

It's your repeated pointing at the rulebook & refusal to consider that an alternate version events may unfold in the future that's dogmatic. Couple this with the intent to create a nuisance if you don't get your own way...

If you look at the previous posts you'll find I agree with your view of what should happen. I'm concerned that the currently inadequate & old Doha airport can't cope with this at the moment & there possibly may be a exception to the rule occurring in the not too distant future. Maybe my concerns aren't justified, who knows at the moment.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 5:55 am

Dogmatic: asserting opinions in a doctrinaire or arrogant manner; opinionated.

It's your repeated pointing at the rulebook & refusal to consider that an alternate version events may unfold in the future that's dogmatic. Couple this with the intent to create a nuisance if you don't get your own way...
Except they're not opinions, they are rules. Facts, as per the OW agreement.

I've considered alternate events; indeed I'm very much prepared for them. All I'm saying is that the impish teenager in me enjoys a light hearted argument from time to time.

I actually don't mind the J lounge in the PT; I just don't see QR slotting into OW quite as easily as they perhaps first envisioned.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Rules have exceptions, and several people have tried to tell you this.
But I am sure your non-DYKWIA way of making a nuisance of yourself will be well recieved in Doha premium terminal and you will prevail in our quest of educating the world.As several people tried to point out
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by intuition
But I am sure your non-DYKWIA way of making a nuisance of yourself will be well recieved in Doha premium terminal and you will prevail in our quest of educating the world.
I do hope so. The world has much to learn from me.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: A3,BA
Qatar Airways has a Lounge in Doha (Silver) and a Premium Terminal. Premium Terminal is not mentioned under "Lounges". It is a special facility only for premium customers (F+J), not even QR Golds.
Is this the case or I am missing something ?

Maybe this is how they will refuse OWE from entering. If they defend this policy, they are playing by the book. I don't see any rule breaking here.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by jousis
Qatar Airways has a Lounge in Doha (Silver) and a Premium Terminal. Premium Terminal is not mentioned under "Lounges". It is a special facility only for premium customers (F+J), not even QR Golds.
Is this the case or I am missing something ?

Maybe this is how they will refuse OWE from entering. If they defend this policy, they are playing by the book. I don't see any rule breaking here.
I accept that. My question relates to OWEs who are entitled to use the J lounge in the PT (with a valid J ticket) but who will then be presented with an F lounge and a J lounge. You're entitled to be in the terminal, so surely the F lounge is the one you should be entitled to use?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: A3,BA
Hmmmm... again, you are stripped ( ) of your OW privileges once you enter PT.
In there, you are a premium customer, with privileges governed from your ticket.

I am speculating here... I have absolutely no idea what QR will do
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by jousis
Hmmmm... again, you are stripped ( ) of your OW privileges once you enter PT.
In there, you are a premium customer, with privileges governed from your ticket.

I am speculating here... I have absolutely no idea what QR will do
This is all speculation. My counter argument would be that BA has a "lounge complex" at T5, but even so a OWE is entitled to use the GF lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:07 am

... and the GF lounge is quite different from the lounges that BA F passengers are entitled to use, as I'm sure you appreciate.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by stargold
... and the GF lounge is quite different from the lounges that BA F passengers are entitled to use, as I'm sure you appreciate.
But it is the F lounge for F pax not travelling on BA (those arriving on TATL flights on AA in F and connecting to a BA EU flight, for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.