Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake on online booking, switched first and last name

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2012, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

I just booked a flight on qatar airways using the website and it seems I switched my first and last name. I just contacted an qatar agency, but they are probably closed right now. Anyone has any similar experience? do I really need to pay 150eur to change it?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I also seem to have this problem - wonder if it is a problem with their software. I haven't spoken to customer services yet, but I'm unlikely to agree to paying.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
I sent an email to Qatar (Phuket office) who said it didn't matter which way round the names were as long as they were spelt correctly. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:46 am

Programs: Privilege Club
Originally Posted by mrlinx
I just booked a flight on qatar airways using the website and it seems I switched my first and last name. I just contacted an qatar agency, but they are probably closed right now. Anyone has any similar experience? do I really need to pay 150eur to change it?
There will not be any problem as long as it spells correctly as per the passport. you can also update your passport information by logging to www.qatarairways.com > manage my booking.

Or you can also send your passport information and your booking reference number to [email protected] so the reservation agent can update passport information for you.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:17 am

The exact same thing happened to me (first name and surname switched). I thought it must've been me who enterred it incorrectly, despite the fact that I'm always extra cautious! The fact that it's happened to others definitely suggests a software bug.

I rang up the Manchester office the next day and they told me not to worry about it. I was still worried so rang again to speak to a different agent and got the same response. They said it happens often, so I assume they have seen this a lot of times and are OK with it.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:49 pm
Gex

Just booked flight myself and the exact same thing happened to me, so it definitely seems to be a problem with the site as I triple checked all my details, but once I clicked on submit it switched the names.

I was using chrome web browser, maybe that has something to do with it?
I also could not select my seat using Chrome, had to login with Internet Explorer and then it was fine.

Anyway I'm going to try forward this to the web development team for Qatar as I think it is something that needs to be fixed.

Perhaps a Qatar Representative on this forum can point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Wes
Old Jun 13, 2012, 6:45 pm

Hi Wes,

Please send your private message of your booing reference number/ticket number and your contact detail so we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Alex
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:02 am
Gex

Originally Posted by AlexCM
Hi Wes,

Please send your private message of your booing reference number/ticket number and your contact detail so we can assist you further.

Best regards,
Alex
Thanx Sent you a PM
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:14 am

Hello.

Tickets and reservations made online routinely list the surname of the customer followed by the first name. You should not anticipate any problems when travelling, nor should this be considered an error. We hope this helps. Have a smooth and relaxing journey with Qatar Airways!

All the best.
Michael @ The Qatar Airways Community

Originally Posted by mrlinx
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:13 am

Wrong Name on E-ticket booking

Originally Posted by qatarairways
Hello.

Tickets and reservations made online routinely list the surname of the customer followed by the first name. You should not anticipate any problems when travelling, nor should this be considered an error. We hope this helps. Have a smooth and relaxing journey with Qatar Airways!

All the best.
Michael @ The Qatar Airways Community
Hi,

Made a mistake on entering the wrong family name on my girlfriend's flight booking (instead, I typed in my own last name). I booked her flight using my credit card as well as for mine. So here we are, same flight with the same family name (wrongfully).

Can someone advise me to remedy this problem without buying another ticket? Can Qatar Airways Singapore change the wrong name on the E-ticket to match the particulars on her passport?

Regards,

Bon
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bjsabug
Hi,

Made a mistake on entering the wrong family name on my girlfriend's flight booking (instead, I typed in my own last name). I booked her flight using my credit card as well as for mine. So here we are, same flight with the same family name (wrongfully).

Can someone advise me to remedy this problem without buying another ticket?
Marry her!
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Contact QR and pay the change fee?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by bjsabug
Hi,

Can someone advise me to remedy this problem without buying another ticket? Can Qatar Airways Singapore change the wrong name on the E-ticket to match the particulars on her passport?

Regards,

Bon
Hi all,

this case has been done in Singapore office already.

Best regards,
Alex @ The Qatar Airways Community.
indomie likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT bjsabug. ^
Old Apr 5, 2013, 6:43 pm

Hi all,

I make the same mistake and also switch and my first and last name. Any contact for me to contact? As I am flying tonite and worry that I be reject at the gate..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.