Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Double QPoints on all flights until Dec 31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double QPoints on all flights until Dec 31

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by mecabq
Whether it's "easy" in terms of time and money is, of course, a matter of opinion, in which one's budget is a factor.

My only point was that, relative to other airlines, it's easy. At 20 Qpoints for each segment to Europe, Gold can be yours in 15 segments. On LH, even if one booked a ticket that earned 100% status mileage (a big "if"), one would earn about 43,000 status miles on 15 DOH-FRA segments (or 50,000 status miles on DOH-FRA-CDG), which barely would get one to Frequent Traveller status, which is more like Silver on QR.

Similarly, it would take 38 segments DOH-DXB to obtain Gold, compared with 50 on Emirates, assuming that one could book flex fares -- also a big "if" -- or 100 segments with saver fares.
I'm not aware of the qualification criteria for other airlines, but, from what I've read on this forum, reaching Gold seems to be relatively easy.

Those who say that QR Gold is easy to attain are more likely to be business travellers, regardless of which cabin they fly in, and are probably the ones who are calling for a higher tier to be created.

I have never travelled on business, never will, and pay my own fare. Having said that, I an very flexible with dates etc, so can usually avail myself of anything special that comes around, such as the current Double Points promotion.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:36 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
Originally Posted by cundall
I like HKG as a stop over before i get to MNL and cost to go direct is about £200 extra while its only £100 or less on a LCC
Ahha, makes more sense now That said I would probably be rather picky about which LCC I ended up on in the Asia-Pacific region... I'm sure there are other Adam Air's out there...
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: QR Silver
I'm reopening this thread, as I wonder if anyone knows if this might be an annual offer? That is, does anyone know if they are going to offer the same this year? Or if you do not know, do you at least think it may be offered? It's a great offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.