Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in Doha

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Transit in Doha

I need to send a few employees to MNL via DOH since QR offers the best fares. There is a 11 hour layover (over night) included and I am just planning to book a hotel close to the aiport. The question is, do they need a transit visa for less than 24 hours and if yes, can this be issued at the airport (costs?). Staff holds Austrian, Estonian, German and French Passports.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue, NZ Airpoints
Yes, once you leave the airport you'll need a visa (even if less than 24 hr.) You can purchase this at the immigration desk on arrival with your creditcard. If you don't have a creditcard you can pay cash also (Qatar rial or US dollars) but you'll have to stop by an other desk. The cost for a tourist visa is about $20. However, monitor your Qatar embassy because they were thinking about stopping the visa on arrival program!

I don't know if your employees are eligible but have a look over here: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/stop-over.html
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
If your employees are in transit for 11 hours and there is no other available flight available, unless stated in the terms and conditions, Qatar will provide accommodation for your employees overnight. On arriving at Doha they simply need to contact one of the ground staff who will direct them to the overnight hotel accomodation section. In relation to paying for a visa it is not required, because the staff will simply give your employees a 24 hour entry visa for free. If your ticket conditions exclude accommodation then you need to contact your local Qatar Office who will arrange accommodation for 100 dollars per night in economy or 150 dollars in business class. If you are excluded from overnight accommodation it might be worth buying slightly more expensive tickets in your case, because when you add everything up it may be cheaper in the long run.

Last edited by lightyear40; Jul 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.