Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2023, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by 108912
Thanks for that. It's weird, at the same time of posting on here I message Qatar on Facebook to ask about the deal with the lounge in AUH and they replied they do not offer it in AUH. But if you say you were provided with access (which is a proposition i'd assume an airline like Qatar would offer at every outstation) then maybe they aren't even aware of their own partner airlines.
As we all know QR support channels are hit or miss... they were probably just checking the website like you or I did. I was fully expecting to have to use Priority Pass to get in, but when I was handed my boarding pass at check in the lounge name was printed on it, and the agent mentioned where to look for it. Not a lounge worth going early for, but they do have barista made espresso based drinks...
108912 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by YYCCL3
Lounge access is provided to the Al Dhabi lounge - just flew this on Friday
Just to follow up on this. I did receive access to the Al Dhabi Lounge and did use it.

Wow, what a disgrace of a lounge. Don't get me wrong, I know it is a contract lounge open to all and sundry so I was managing my expectations but it was just so so bad.

Absolutely PACKED. So hot inside. A large, nice looking separate area for First & Business Class pax which was closed.

You can't help yourself to soft drinks or even water - you have to visit the tended bar. Which was staffed by ONE person.

Absolute joke. I guess that's what happens when one lounge is given the absolute monopoly at AUH T1. Take it or leave it.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
SIN Opening Times Question

App and website say SIN open 1800-0300 for the two evening departures. Does that mean no QR lounge anymore for the QR943 at 10:45? It certainly used to have a 3 hour opening pre Covid in the morning. Can anyone confirm it this is still the case?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Anyone have recent information which lounge is being used in JNB? As a OW emerald will I also have access to the BA lounge? Appreciate any recent input, last time it was an overcrowded shared lounge as half the lounges were still closed due to covid.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by dwugson
Anyone have recent information which lounge is being used in JNB? As a OW emerald will I also have access to the BA lounge? Appreciate any recent input, last time it was an overcrowded shared lounge as half the lounges were still closed due to covid.
The BA lounge is only for the evening departure. Always packed!

The QR contract lounge in JNB is the Shongololo Lounge. Extremely unpleasant place and is also always packed. Only upside is that it's right by the gate.
dwugson likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by kl1987
The BA lounge is only for the evening departure. Always packed!

The QR contract lounge in JNB is the Shongololo Lounge. Extremely unpleasant place and is also always packed. Only upside is that it's right by the gate.
Hate the Shongololo lounge, was hoping something better would open up since things got back to normal. Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 9:02 am

Deleted - wrong place.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by dwugson
Hate the Shongololo lounge, was hoping something better would open up since things got back to normal. Thanks for the update.
I was able to access the Mashonzha lounge a couple weeks ago. Check-in agent never mentioned it, but I saw the Qatar sign posted outside the lounge and asked and got admitted. Very small lounge but quiet that night. I was the only person in the lounge for most of the time I spent there! So turned out to be quite nice and much better than the over-crowded BA lounge (which I left early because it was just too busy)
dwugson likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:39 pm

Hello everyone! What are the lounge options (if any?) out of Amsterdam? The QR website says there is no lounge, but OW lists "Cafe Flor". I'll be flying in Y but I'm OW Emerald/QR Platinum. THANKS!
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by RSDoha
Hello everyone! What are the lounge options (if any?) out of Amsterdam? The QR website says there is no lounge, but OW lists "Cafe Flor". I'll be flying in Y but I'm OW Emerald/QR Platinum. THANKS!
The Aspire lounge QR normally use is currently closed for refurbishment. Aspire are temporarily operating a lounge offering in Cafe Flor. This thread from the BA forum has some photos of the signage there which does not appear to include QR or oneworld logos

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35094364-post113.html
Rubytheterrier likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KingCanute
The Aspire lounge QR normally use is currently closed for refurbishment. Aspire are temporarily operating a lounge offering in Cafe Flor. This thread from the BA forum has some photos of the signage there which does not appear to include QR or oneworld logos

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35094364-post113.html
There is another picture kicking around with QR's logo on a different banner for a different cafe. They appear to be splitting the airlines between two places at AMS.
KingCanute and Rubytheterrier like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:34 pm

Programs: JMB, CX Marco Polo
Although the topic was previously addressed in this threat, I get the feeling that it was not properly answered...

Is there any lounge options offered to someone with OW status (OWS /OWE) departing on a QR economy class ticket from CDG (Terminal 1)?

Newly reopened Qatar Premium Lounge seems to be reserved for paid Business/First passengers...
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
There is another picture kicking around with QR's logo on a different banner for a different cafe. They appear to be splitting the airlines between two places at AMS.

It looks like the Aspire lounge at AMS reopens on the 1st July.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 2:38 am

American Airlines lounge
Old Apr 13, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by HnDsolo
Is there any lounge options offered to someone with OW status (OWS /OWE) departing on a QR economy class ticket from CDG (Terminal 1)?
Yes, you have access to the Extime lounge operated by Paris Airport.

Originally Posted by motef
American Airlines lounge
That was before QR moved back to T1. You cannot go from terminal to terminal airside in Paris, and anyway T2A/C is closed for renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.