Wiki Posts
Search

IAD departure question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
IAD departure question

Qatar's website and US-based customer service representatives both advise arriving at IAD three hours before the scheduled departure time.

I was hoping to get some insight from travelers who have flown QR (IAD - DOH), since this seems like an excessive amount of time.

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
If you're flying premium, 3 hours is overkill. If you're flying economy with no status on Qatar, 3 hours is reasonable. There will likely be quite a few people flying with a lot of luggage and/or family already lined up at the 3-hour mark.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by Rampo
If you're flying economy with no status on Qatar, 3 hours is reasonable. There will likely be quite a few people flying with a lot of luggage and/or family already lined up at the 3-hour mark.
Thanks for the reply; yes, I'm flying economy with no QR status, but I want to avoid families and people with lots of luggage who arrive more than three hours early

Does Qatar have some processes that require siginficantly more time compared to US airlines for international travel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.