Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How flexible are Q.Club staff in Changi?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas

I have two complimentary Q-Club tickets, but one is expired (May 2009) while one still has a year (May 2010).

I will be at Changi for six hours on Friday 12 June.

What are the chances of getting two of us into the Q-Club with one valid and one "just-expired" complimentary pass?

Thanks

Gordon
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:20 am

Don't like your chances. The vouchers have a validity period for a reason. Dare say you're only going to get the one in i'm afraid
Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:07 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Not much point speculating about this. Give it a try and please report back! Good luck.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:16 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Were this a BA LHR lounge, the BA dragons would have absolute delight in seeing the letters QF and the old expiry date and telling you in no uncertain terms that you were not allowed in.

As others have suggested, in SIN, you won't know unless you give it a go. I'd already have worked out a face saving comment when you are rejected "oh, I must have mis-read the year - I thought it was a valid from date rather than an expiry date".
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
There is no guarantee but there is no harm in asking. I think you will find the SIN lounge staff friendly and flexible.

How many people here have used the SIN QF Lounges as arrivals lounges? Last year I was in transit in SIN airport and I was meeting serfty and his wife as they were getting off a flight and they were heading into SIN for the night. As they were not in hurry we went to the QF F lounge and they were both allowed inside and serfty and I had a couple of beers and some food before I went to board my flight and they headed off into town.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by JohnK
There is no guarantee but there is no harm in asking. I think you will find the SIN lounge staff friendly and flexible.
Would be nice to risk it and give it a go, but six hours with a 3 and 6-year old ...

So I decided to go for the guaranteed rest of booking a 6-hour block in the Terminal 1 Transit Hotel, only to be told that they are upgrading T1 and that the building work "might be noisy".

Anyone been there recently enough to comment on HOW noisy it might be at 6pm-11pm Friday night?

Cheers

Gordon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.