Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA0009 LHR via SYD to MEL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
While the process may be simple, the distance is around 150 metres and the queue to the seamless transfer can be almost as long.

As I posted earlier:
I think 150m might be pushing it a little!

Agree queues can be big, and generally this is in the morning when all the long hauls come in.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 4:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Be careful going to the Express Lane.

The other day, Express Lane queue for immigration was double the length of normal lanes, because there was only one desk open. I had an Express Card but I took a wrong path and luckily for me, I ended up in a normal lane (for which I was thankful for a change) - still, the queue was rather long considering I was at the Australian citizen line. What on earth are they asking so many questions to their own citizens? It's not as if they'd be able to refuse to let them in!?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I think 150m might be pushing it a little! ...
Well, perhaps 130 metres - it's easily 90 metres from where one exits from customs along to the train lifts and another 40 metres down the corridor. http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL...MAP%20ONLY.pdf

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Agree queues can be big, and generally this is in the morning when all the long hauls come in.
... 0515 and my next flight to MEL is departing at 0700 ...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
What on earth are they asking so many questions to their own citizens?
No, I think that the question is "What on earth are they asking so many questions to passengers who are claiming to be their own citizens?"

Big difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.