Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF & Woolworths Everyday Rewards

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2009, 6:05 am
Original Poster

QF & Woolworths Everyday Rewards

So I stumbled across the information being released about the tie up between the two loyalty programs, basically spend $30 for 1 point when you use your Everyday Rewards card.

Last edited by flyinghighboy; Oct 30, 2009 at 2:21 am
Old May 25, 2009, 6:25 am

Programs: QFF
The information I've been getting is that it is 1 point per $1, not 1:$30.
Where did you 'stumble' across this info?
Old May 25, 2009, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by flyinghighboy
basically spend $30 for 1 point when you use your Everyday Rewards card.
I can't believe the earn rate would be that poor. Spend $300 to earn 10 points, I think not
Old May 25, 2009, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Last edited by flyinghighboy; Oct 30, 2009 at 2:34 am
Old May 25, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brettmcg
I can't believe the earn rate would be that poor. Spend $300 to earn 10 points, I think not
One point per dollar, starting at $30 might be more like it. The first $30 get you the fuel voucher.

Still, we have to wait and see.
Old May 25, 2009, 7:18 am

When Coles launched FlyBuys it was well received until people realized that $5 per point was bloody hopeless. They spiced the scheme up and offered bonus miles on selected items – still laughable.

Woolies have had plenty of time to design this scheme and learn from the Coles experience. If they are dumb enough to offer 1 point per $30 on an average weekly grocery bill of $200 they deserve the negative PR that is bound to follow.

There was an article in the weekend AFR about 4-6 weeks ago that suggested a $2 spend would equate to 1 point. If you have 100 points going into your account each week you get a warm fuzzy feeling and feel good about the store and the promotion. And just think it will only take you 3 years to get that return flight on the East Coast – bargain !!!!. At a $30 per point spend you are looking at 6 or 7 points a week or 50 years to achieve the desired SYD-MEL flight. I reckon that could be a hard sell.
Old May 25, 2009, 8:09 am

Part of the staff training package that has arrived at all stores.
So... not CoreComms and store mangement meetings then? ;P
Old May 25, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
It'd have to be a 30 point minimum spend for points earn, then $1 per point, surely..
Old May 25, 2009, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Someone of AFF posted about this; they came across a brochure that indicated 1 QFF point per $ over $30 spend.

So spend $28 and get 0 QFF points, spend $45 and earn 15.
Old May 25, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Wonder if 1 point per $1 above $30 would also apply at Caltex service stations on petrol spend?
Old May 25, 2009, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by serfty
Someone of AFF posted about this; ...
Here's that thread:

http://www.frequentflyer.com.au/comm...tml#post238523

Originally Posted by gibspmuh
I spotted a new Everyday Rewards brochure in my local Woolworths which has the details of the QFF earning (though doesn't outline when it actually happens - I suspect they put it out early). Quoting from the brochure:

Earn one Qantas Frequent Flyer point for every dollar spent over $30 at Woolworths supermarkets (excluding Tasmania). Just register your everyday Rewards card online and provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer number. Then present your Everyday Rewards card when you shop.

Not a Qantas Frequent Flyer member? No joining fee (save $82.50) when you join the Qantas Frequent Flyer program at everydayrewards.com.au
Old May 25, 2009, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

another of the terms and conditions is that it's not available in Tasmania and on tobacco purchases
Old May 25, 2009, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Last edited by flyinghighboy; Oct 30, 2009 at 2:35 am
Old May 26, 2009, 12:46 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Its a pitty we can't choose how the first $30 spend is used. Choose either a fuel voucher or 30 QFF points. I have more fuel dockets expiring than I can use.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:10 am

Was just sitting on the service desk with all the sign off's for staff. Haven't checked my core comms yet, though I'm sure it'll be up on store net.
I had been planning to look through store net at lunch today, but I ended up checking my loads and going over the PW screens with the boss. @_@

We spent about half of the [hour long] management meeting on it (the store manager must love to hear himself speak, pity that no one else does). Starts next week for staff (assuming they have registered their staff discount card on everyday rewards and applied their QFF number in EDR). Due to start 3 weeks later for everyone else. Reason for this is that they haven’t gotten everything signed off and confirmed yet.

Looks like it is $1 per point after $30 (I’m not happy about that. I’d been hoping to earn points every time I buy lunch). Staff who aren’t already Qantas members will be able to join for free via the EDR website. Not yet confirmed if normal customers will be able to as well.

Points earn on tobacco and/or liquor purchases will vary by state and the local laws.

That’s all the useful information I got from the meeting and the WoW TV News show about it (the rest of that part of the management meeting was taken up by everyone trying to prove to the manager that he had no idea what he was talking about).

I’ll have to see if I can find anything on store net during the rest of the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.