Wiki Posts
Search

On-time performance

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 5:57 am
Original Poster

On-time performance

Qantas cancels 260 flights in April

QANTAS disappointed hundreds of travellers last month by cancelling more flights than any other domestic carrier.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...35-662,00.html

Interesting, considering that up until a few days ago the QF website displayed a link advertising Qantas' superb on-time peformance in March.
Old May 21, 2009, 7:22 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
260 cancellations and only "hundreds" of disappointed passengers. I assume less than one thousand passengers were affected (otherwise the media would say "thousands" were disappointed), therefore no wonder the flights were cancelled if there were less than 4 passengers on each flight.
Old May 21, 2009, 3:38 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Yes I received a call about 3 weeks ago - flight prior was cancelled and wanted to move pax onto my flight. I was offered J on the next flight.

Some pax would have had the opposite experience to "disappointed".
Old May 21, 2009, 7:53 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Post Virgin Blue 'most reliable airline'

The other side of the story, posted on news.com.au:

VIRGIN Blue passengers have a greater chance of departing and arriving on time than those using other major domestic airlines, an industry report shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.