Community
Wiki Posts
Search

INT Upgrade success thread.

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, Velocity Gold, Etihad Gold, Hhonors Gold
Just thought I'll share my upgrade experience. I am flying BNE to HKG this Saturday (23/5). Checked my booking at around midday today and my upgrade had already been confirmed... 3 days before the departure date.
Old May 19, 2009, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Woke up in Tokyo Morning of 20th April and logged to finf our upgrade requests for Y-J NRT-SYD had come through. This was 14 hours before the flight.
Old May 20, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
I have been fairly lucky this year.

13 Jan 09 SYD-SFO QF73 Comped to Business Class
20 Feb 09 SYD-HKG QF127 Comped from Y+ to J - this was due to a change of aircraft (from 4 class aircraft to 2 class aircraft) - was awarded J class points and SC's
23 Feb 09 HKG-SYD QF128 from Y+ to J - successful upgrade using points
Old Jun 17, 2009, 8:04 am

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
I'm confused about how this works, for some reason when I look at My Bookings on QF, there is a dummy booking, with mostly the same info as well as the correct one. In the correct booking, I've clicked the request upgrade button and it says 'requested' (the upgrade is D -> F). In the dummy booking with a slightly different locator, it says contact your travel advisor. The itin is a DONE3.

When I look under view/change, it says 'an upgrade to Business has been requested. Status of upgrade will be shown 5 hours before departure." Hang on, I've already paid for business and I'm trying to upgrade to F !

Some kind of weird computer glitch I guess.

Check my trip just shows business with no notes about a request for an upgrade.

The leg is LHR - SIN on QF 10 on June 23. I'm SG and loads are F7 A7 J6 C4 D2 although the Biz seat map is showing full. Do I have a chance ? Y looks quite full too, perhaps they closed out J to make room for upgraders.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by HeyAussie
When I look under view/change, it says 'an upgrade to Business has been requested. Status of upgrade will be shown 5 hours before departure." Hang on, I've already paid for business and I'm trying to upgrade to F !

Some kind of weird computer glitch I guess.
That's just a silly glitch indeed.

You don't need to worry unless it starts saying "an upgrade to Premium Economy (or Economy) has been requested"
Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
That's just a silly glitch indeed.
And having looked at this glitch for months earlier this year, I wonder why it is taking so long to fix. They just need to change "to" to "from".

My own QF successes this year, all for two pax.

March QF10 LHR-SIN - cleared about 24 hours before travel (award)
March QF78 SIN-PER - cleared by the time of check-in at Heathrow for LHR-SIN (award)
March QF114 AKL-SYD and QF1 SYD-BKK-LHR - all cleared by time of check-in at AKL (award)
April QF31 SIN-LHR - op-up in the traditional way at the gate
Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused ...
How soon is your flight?

The "upgrade (from Business) to Business is requested" issue has been around for much of the past year.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
How soon is your flight?
23rd June - request was at the 14 day mark
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

23rd June - request was at the 14 day mark
If processing has not changed recently then all is normal, including the requested upgrade to "Business".

Sometime 12-36 hours before your flight Qantas will insert a Waitlisted First class segment into the booking - this will then show on C/M/T.

About the same time, www.qantas.com.au/yourbooking will show the upgrade as being declined.

This will all stay that way unless your upgrade is successful, in which case C/M/T will show only the Upgraded segment, such may (or may not) be reported on www.qantas.com.au/yourbooking and your QFF points will have a rather significant reduction.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 17, 2009 at 7:08 pm
Old Jun 17, 2009, 5:55 pm

Great, thanks...

It says its only 35,000 points for LHR-SIN D -> F, seems quite reasonable to me.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Cool

Just to add about the CL upgrade.
when in the F lounge in LAX the senior lounge person came through the lounge and singled me out looked at my BP addressed me by name and commented that she hoped I had a nice flight and was all ok in the lounge. then she walked out
weird!!!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:57 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
OK, I have been watching and waiting and so far, all of Serfty's directions have occurred. I had the two segments in there - the F class saying declined.

My booking on QF now has the J class segment gone and a F segment showing confirmed with seat number but still with upgrade requested (to where I don't know), but no points have left the account.

CMT is showing confirmed F also.

This is for tomorrow morning at 10.00.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 1:56 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
WOO! HOO! Upgrade confirmed and points taken.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Enjoy your flight ... ^
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:25 pm

Yippee, at 12 hours, C/M/T says First !

I never saw the declined message in my booking, it went from what I said above to approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.