Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

the type of trollycase for qantas on board.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the type of trollycase for qantas on board.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:16 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Laptops weigh about 2kg-2.5kg (including battery and charger) if they've been made in the last 10 years or so. To get to the weights you are talking about requires buying a 20" monstrosity such as this: http://archive.laptopmag.com/Feature...ook.htm?Page=1

People aren't allowed to just take 10, 20, or even 50kg of carry-on luggage "as long as it fits into the overhead compartment" because those compartments have safety requirements. If there are 300 kg of lead in that overhead compartment and the plane encounters turbulence, then I think the compartment is liable to come crashing down on passenger's heads.

Lastly, why do you keep talking about wearing a "goat"? Goats look like this: http://images.google.com/images?q=goat and are not suitable for wearing whatsoever.

Enough of this rambling thread! All of the information you need is on the QANTAS website (what size/weight luggage you can take onboard)
Old Apr 24, 2009, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: my name is SANDRA
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward
Laptops weigh about 2kg-2.5kg (including battery and charger) if they've been made in the last 10 years or so. To get to the weights you are talking about requires buying a 20" monstrosity such as this: http://archive.laptopmag.com/Feature...ook.htm?Page=1

People aren't allowed to just take 10, 20, or even 50kg of carry-on luggage "as long as it fits into the overhead compartment" because those compartments have safety requirements. If there are 300 kg of lead in that overhead compartment and the plane encounters turbulence, then I think the compartment is liable to come crashing down on passenger's heads.

Lastly, why do you keep talking about wearing a "goat"? Goats look like this: http://images.google.com/images?q=goat and are not suitable for wearing whatsoever.

Enough of this rambling thread! All of the information you need is on the QANTAS website (what size/weight luggage you can take onboard)
Thanks Anony. i respect that information.
All done. As i just had to know a few things about the waight of the bags and luggage.

No not goat. its coat. My apo0logies for the misspelling.

take care
sandra
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by shillard
I hear ya'.

You wouldn't believe the fuss that QF can make over the littlest things. Take Bob, for example.

<snip>

Hail Eris!
^ Made me chuckle
Old Apr 24, 2009, 5:23 am

It's like trying to read some secret language.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by NM
I now use colour-coded cable ties. That way I can tell if someone has opened the bag and re-sealed it. Whatever colour I use to seal the bag is not left in the stash of remain ties inside the bag - they go into my carry-on.

If you don't have a means of cutting off the cable ties at the destination, just ask the hotel reception for a pair of scissors during check-in and the problem is solved.
FYI: I've seen the TSA employees in LAX and another airport (can't remember which) open the cable ties without cutting them by sticking one end of a large paper clip into the locking bit. Voila'! the cable tie opens up and then can be re-used without you noticing that it was ever opened. So, unless you stand there and watch what they're doing to your checked luggage (not possible at some airports), you don't really know whether your bag's been open or not. In fact, once the luggage is out of sight, every single person who handles it could open it this way... It still should save the zippers from being cut, though...
Old Apr 26, 2009, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Hey members.

Im just wondering if anyone knows in brisbane where to fine luggage bags (Qantas brand) ?

I have a small luggage bag i brought last year from a bag shop in the shopping centre.. that bag shop is not there anymore. So i dont no where els to look for the Qantas brand bags and luggages for all sizes to choose from.

It is a very quality brand material luggage bags... durable and has the quaranteed sticker on it if it ever breaks they fix it free.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by ansettlad
Hey members.

Im just wondering if anyone knows in brisbane where to fine luggage bags (Qantas brand) ?

I have a small luggage bag i brought last year from a bag shop in the shopping centre.. that bag shop is not there anymore. So i dont no where els to look for the Qantas brand bags and luggages for all sizes to choose from.

It is a very quality brand material luggage bags... durable and has the quaranteed sticker on it if it ever breaks they fix it free.
You may find most answers to the questions you ask via Google or Qantas directly.

I typed in 'buy qantas bags' into google and found this one very quickly (In the first few non-sponsored queries)
http://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/bran...and-Suitcases/
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:17 pm

Remember the 7kg onboard isn't to be a pain, it's a safety requirement (I know there's that word again!) Bags from memory is the 2nd highest reason for injury to passengers. I'd hate to be the person having 15kg worth of luggage fall on their head. If your laptop does weigh that much you can carry it in it's own case in addition to another piece of hand luggage since you are allowed two pieces domestically.

Also to note domestically the charge for excess baggage is not $50-70 a kilo, it's only $10.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by eoinnz
Remember the 7kg onboard isn't to be a pain, it's a safety requirement (I know there's that word again!) Bags from memory is the 2nd highest reason for injury to passengers. I'd hate to be the person having 15kg worth of luggage fall on their head. If your laptop does weigh that much you can carry it in it's own case in addition to another piece of hand luggage since you are allowed two pieces domestically.

Also to note domestically the charge for excess baggage is not $50-70 a kilo, it's only $10.
Having seen duty free booze fall from overheads on hard landings back on the old 747-200's, I can totally agree with eo here. I've seen litres of booze fall on heads. They're substantially less than 7kg, and it's not going to be good for the noggin regardless.

Saftey is important, when it's more likely for a bag to hit you on the head than it is to have to use any of the other safety equipment on board.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewbles
You may find most answers to the questions you ask via Google or Qantas directly.

I typed in 'buy qantas bags' into google and found this one very quickly (In the first few non-sponsored queries)
http://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/bran...and-Suitcases/
Hi drew thank you for that link help. I did had in mind bagword? But im base in brisbane and i want to fine the online shop website where they have a shop available in brisbane. I dont expect to buy it online without me seen it myself. That website is fair enough and thanks for taking the time to fine qantas brand luggage but the contact us section shows its from perth. Not from brisbane.

I think theres a large store called luggageworld in brisbane but i dont think they have qantas brand at all... i just checked thier website and they dont have.. they just have bags on that brand but not luggage trollycase.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drewbles
Having seen duty free booze fall from overheads on hard landings back on the old 747-200's, I can totally agree with eo here. I've seen litres of booze fall on heads. They're substantially less than 7kg, and it's not going to be good for the noggin regardless.

Saftey is important, when it's more likely for a bag to hit you on the head than it is to have to use any of the other safety equipment on board.
To eo... thanks for correcting me of the price. I thought they charge higher because they do that so no one ends up paying just a small 10.00 atherwise everyone would do it and the plane is hevier of course. Not to worry thanks for the correction

To drew thank to you again. Yes well the bottles ill be buying in melbourne red european wines ill have it in my luggage trollycase.. not my carry on bag but same time bottles can leak and break so ill have to shove them in bottle boxers. if it ever fits in the luggage or maybe just carry an extra plastic bag with me on board since you indicated your aloud to have 2 accese bags on board i think.

Aniways we all want to bring alot of things. Just sometimes we all just to follow the tuff tight regulation laws.. I think qantas has tighten its rules so much.. from been a huge kilograms to now days down to only 23kilos and carry on bags bag then can carry as much as 30 or so kilo.. now days its well and truely 7kilos.

You take care and viewers

EDIT UPDATE: I just called the store in brisbane they no longer hve qantas brand so its all sold out. But he indicated they have a different name but made by qantas brand and its called swiss. So plenty of these i suppose. Now its called swiss but still manufactor by qantas, So if your wanting good luggage case gues these are just some of the good brands to buy. Rather then buying one from cheap stores where luggages end up breaking up.
sandra

Last edited by ansettlad; Apr 26, 2009 at 10:51 pm
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Problem solved:

http://www.hoeggergoatsupply.com/xcart/home.php?cat=24
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by ansettlad
To eo... thanks for correcting me of the price. I thought they charge higher because they do that so no one ends up paying just a small 10.00 atherwise everyone would do it and the plane is hevier of course. Not to worry thanks for the correction

To drew thank to you again. Yes well the bottles ill be buying in melbourne red european wines ill have it in my luggage trollycase.. not my carry on bag but same time bottles can leak and break so ill have to shove them in bottle boxers. if it ever fits in the luggage or maybe just carry an extra plastic bag with me on board since you indicated your aloud to have 2 accese bags on board i think.

Aniways we all want to bring alot of things. Just sometimes we all just to follow the tuff tight regulation laws.. I think qantas has tighten its rules so much.. from been a huge kilograms to now days down to only 23kilos and carry on bags bag then can carry as much as 30 or so kilo.. now days its well and truely 7kilos.

You take care and viewers

EDIT UPDATE: I just called the store in brisbane they no longer hve qantas brand so its all sold out. But he indicated they have a different name but made by qantas brand and its called swiss. So plenty of these i suppose. Now its called swiss but still manufactor by qantas, So if your wanting good luggage case gues these are just some of the good brands to buy. Rather then buying one from cheap stores where luggages end up breaking up.
sandra
Qantas don't manfacture luggage, they are an international airline. You will probably find that these amazing Qantas bags are made by the swiss company and simply branded by Qantas - so you're getting the same bag without the Qantas logo.
Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bugayev
Qantas don't manfacture luggage, they are an international airline. You will probably find that these amazing Qantas bags are made by the swiss company and simply branded by Qantas - so you're getting the same bag without the Qantas logo.
Hi well yes thats true.

I have a trollycase i brought last year it has the name in silver metal QANTAS on it.. so it came with a big qantas logo tag with its information and its quality of this luggage/bag

Yes he indicated that they also have the swissGear brand luggage/bags. So they just the same company of the makers. I understand qantas is not a factory but its just the commercial logo added and its quality. I like these bags but the swissgear not too sure... ill just have to check them out and ather brands.

Last time i went overseas years ago and i had a cheap large luggage suitecase and i brought it from one of these cheap 1.00dollar shop things and the bag was about 20.00 and over time it made a crack hole on the bottom side of the material. So not good specialy traveling overseas.. Just because airline carriers end up throwing and lifting and throwing the luggage passanger bags in the carrier board below the airline deck. So thats why i want quality but at a fair price coure i wont end up paying too much just for a luggage. Just the qualuty what it matters the most ill say.

Anwyays all good
thanks to everyones comments of it and yes thanks for the latest link too.

sandra^
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by shillard
Where else to look after matters but here:
http://www.exploroz.com/Places/14778...acksaddle.aspx
(sorry - somewhat obscure)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.