Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Guest on different flight into SYD F lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest on different flight into SYD F lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:02 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I would be making a point if I was turned away from the QF F lounge with my plat card, but travelling on CX in J/Y and crediting to Asia miles.
I have been warmly welcomed at the BKK QF F lounge when travelling on TG and showing their BP. The staff did warn me that they have no data on TG flights though.

I would assume that both SYD and BKK Flounges have the same access policies?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: SQ*S, QF Gold (LTS, OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by og
I have been warmly welcomed at the BKK QF F lounge when travelling on TG and showing their BP. The staff did warn me that they have no data on TG flights though.

Nice!

However, as some of the Qantas apologists on here would likely delight in telling you, this was just a case of you receiving some discretion from the lounge staff (IMO should be more of this discretion being shown!). Strictly they should have referred you to the QF Business lounge as you were flying on TG that day.

Unfortunately SYD F Lounge would have sent you packing to the Business lounge as would have the SIN F lounge. Not a big deal in SIN though, as arguably the only things that the F lounge really has over the Business lounge are the slightly nicer showers.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:47 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by PJKidding
However, as some of the Qantas apologists on here would likely delight in telling you, this was just a case of you receiving some discretion from the lounge staff (IMO should be more of this discretion being shown!). Strictly they should have referred you to the QF Business lounge as you were flying on TG that day.
og's visit may have been before the rules changed.

Originally Posted by PJKidding
Unfortunately SYD F Lounge would have sent you packing to the Business lounge as would have the SIN F lounge.
Not necessarily. I'm waved in.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: SQ*S, QF Gold (LTS, OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yeah I did think of that but the rule change has been in place for some time now... Long enough for me to drop back to Gold and not worry about such things anymore

Hehehe nice one and thus now setting a new standard for others to aspire to
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by og
Not since a 2-3 years now. With the opening of the SYD/MEL F Lounges QF changed the rules from anytime lounge access to F lounges down to J lounges for WPs. CLs still get anytime F Lounge access.

That's because they know you and don't even bother to check anything anymore.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Not since a 2-3 years now. With the opening of the SYD/MEL F Lounges QF changed the rules from anytime lounge access to F lounges down to J lounges for WPs. CLs still get anytime F Lounge access.
No, the rule change was much more recent than the opening of the new SYD & MEL F lounges. There was a (fairly long) period when it was worthwhile for me to change piers in SYD to access the lounge (if on long *A transfers), or to go upstairs in MEL instead of the basement. No longer the case, QF J lounge is worse than the other lounges I have access to when flying *A.

(And like og, I've also used the BKK F lounge while flying TG albeit without a boarding pass.)
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:18 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
My visit to the QF F lounge in BKK was in late October 2009.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The rule changed April 1 2008, so not that long ago.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:29 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by og
My visit to the QF F lounge in BKK was in late October 2009.
You were lucky then. But with your award flight success stories you seem to be lucky anyway when it comes to QF.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:06 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

No
The Flounges opened and the announcement of the rule change came very shortly after. They only gave quite a few months notice which is what we all made use of.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I receved an EMail from Qantas regarding this change in October 2007 ...

The new MEL and SYD Flounges opened in Late May 2007 and the Domestic J lounges opened mid 2008.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:22 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Sorry to bring up this thread again but I am still confused (and the website still contains the same information)

In September I would like to bring a guest into the first lounge

We will have travelled on the same flight that morning from WLG. Have a few hours at SYD and then both fly to SIN although I will be on QF31 and my guest will be flying on BA16. My guest is flying on my points but there was no award availability on the QF flight

Looks like my QF Plat status would not get us both in but my OWE status would?

Jeff

Last edited by jswong; Jun 13, 2010 at 2:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.