Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

OT: AA "preferred seat" selection now available online for Qantas Elites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: AA "preferred seat" selection now available online for Qantas Elites

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by drewbles
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
More importantly, even QF elites can't pre-allocate on domestic. QF and OW status however greatly improves your chances of getting a good seat in the QF domestic seat lottery.
Is DFW-YYZ classed as DOM or INT for this? On a recent booking, I had access to the 'preferred seats' when booking via aa.com, but with the whacky way customs works between Canadia and LOTFAP, I'm not sure what it's classed as. ...
Traveloguy's statement is only relevant for Qantas Metal ...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Traveloguy's statement is only relevant for Qantas Metal ...
Oops! sorry. Heat's gotten to me
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:35 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Today's reservation seems to yield little access to the preferred seats. Might have something to do with the TATL flights being almost full and some of the US domestic sectors being full too. I have managed to bag a seat power on all the sectors, which is important to me.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Today's reservation seems to yield little access to the preferred seats. Might have something to do with the TATL flights being almost full and some of the US domestic sectors being full too. I have managed to bag a seat power on all the sectors, which is important to me.
I think you will find the preferred seats are the ones with power!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just made and held a return booking TPA-//-LHR; putting my WP number into the booking.

On the initial hold confirmation I went to select seats and had NO access to the "preferred" seats, nor exit rows.

I rechecked the booking I made that prompted this thread and I still had access to those seats.

I came back to the Held booking after about 20 mints and tried seat selection again.

Lo! The "preferred" seats and exit rows were now available. I surmise it sometimes may take a few minutes for the status to come through.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 4:52 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
I think you will find the preferred seats are the ones with power!
I think that we now have a new definition for Row 27 seat E in a 767-300 with your criteria. I did not want 39E admittedly, so it was an improvement. The joy of nine hours in the 30" office awaits.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 7:18 am

I think that we now have a new definition for Row 27 seat E in a 767-300 with your criteria. I did not want 39E admittedly, so it was an improvement. The joy of nine hours in the 30" office awaits.
The sooner you nab LTG and move to AA the better me thinks!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: QF Plat, OW Emerald, AAdvantage, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I have been trying various combinations of this since I first saw this post in Jan so thought I'd add my 2c worth. During this time I have booked 16 sectors, I have always entered my QFF details when making the booking online. During the booking/holding the booking OR updating it later I have only once had the option to choose preferred seating online, even though it shows my OW status in the booking.

The only time I could see the preferred seating was when I'd booked a fully refundable Economy ticket sector, and I believe AA let full economy tickets (Y) have the option of choosing preferred seating.

At other times I have simply called AA after making my reservation and been able to choose any preferred seat including exit rows.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:39 pm

Has anyone reported the flakey status OW seating issue to AA.com web services?

Here is a link for those that would like to contact them:

http://www.aa.com/aa/contactAA/viewE...me=webServices

FWIW, it seems QF is also having issues with AA status registering correctly at the moment. Just booked a few QF flights and my partner's status (AA EXP) did not seem to register properly. In addition to this, initially, the booking engine refused to even accept his AA number.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The booking where I noticed this initially is in Q class (Non QFF point earning, will swap to AAdvantage just before I fly).

I can still select preferred/exit seats and currently have 20B on S80 preselected.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 2.2: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Has anyone reported the flakey status OW seating issue to AA.com web services?

Here is a link for those that would like to contact them:

http://www.aa.com/aa/contactAA/viewE...me=webServices

FWIW, it seems QF is also having issues with AA status registering correctly at the moment. Just booked a few QF flights and my partner's status (AA EXP) did not seem to register properly. In addition to this, initially, the booking engine refused to even accept his AA number.
Has entering an AA number on the QF site ever worked?When I've fixed bookings up for friends, I've always had to call and get an agent to add the number in .. I just assumed that the online MMB thingo couldn't cope with an alpha-numeric FF "number".
Old Feb 13, 2009, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by notzac
Has entering an AA number on the QF site ever worked?When I've fixed bookings up for friends, I've always had to call and get an agent to add the number in .. I just assumed that the online MMB thingo couldn't cope with an alpha-numeric FF "number".
It does work on MMB, but it does not seem to work when using the booking engine, or at least in my experience. That said, I needed to speak to a human anyhow about another matter and as per usual the agent was only too happy to help.

At least when you use a OW carrier whose GDS in Amadeus, you always know status will filter through correctly 100% of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.