Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrading domestically... confirmed and denied all in one!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Hey all

I booked a fare for tomorrow that was upgradable some weeks ago and did the upgrade onthe spot online and it came up as confirmed.

Now when I go into my bookings, it says:

Upgrade status: Declined

Whats going on here? im travelling tomorrow and just curious to know if I am indeed confirmed?

Also as an upgrader, do I have access to the J lounge in Syd?
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is probably ok; the best method to confirm that all is ok is to phone Qantas and ask

Dave
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:40 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
did the points go from your account and are they still gone (if they went in the first place)?

if you are upgraded to J, you will have access to the J lounge in the departure city (or QP if no J lounge).
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MetroAir
did the points go from your account and are they still gone (if they went in the first place)?

if you are upgraded to J, you will have access to the J lounge in the departure city (or QP if no J lounge).
Yup, points were deducted on the day, and theyre still gone! which is a good thing I spose!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 1:18 am

Programs: QF
I've seen this behaviour on at least my last 6 economy > business (domestic) upgrades. A little disconcerting for sure but just seems to be an example of slack (outsourced ?) programming.

Richard.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You'll be fine - there's a software issue with this part of Qantas.com ...
Old Dec 28, 2008, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Hmm trying to checkin now, and its not letting me.

It says : Your flights is under 24h of departure, you cannot change flights

And no where is there an online checkin button (I have gone via the online checkin page and also via the view my bookings page). This is the first time I am doing online checkin.

Any ideas? am on hold to Qantas now and been on hold 30 mins already!!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:26 pm

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Originally Posted by Ansett767
Hmm trying to checkin now, and its not letting me.

It says : Your flights is under 24h of departure, you cannot change flights

And no where is there an online checkin button (I have gone via the online checkin page and also via the view my bookings page). This is the first time I am doing online checkin.

Any ideas? am on hold to Qantas now and been on hold 30 mins already!!
QF is currently having trobule with their online checkin system which resulted in selected people on selected flights are not able to use OLCI.

I have encountered this problem last week when I flew from SYD to MEL. I rang QF and they told me I have to check in at the airport. I checked in using the kiosk and scored 23K with 23J next to me empty.

This issue is further discussed on another forum:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.