Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrading from Y+ to J. Better chances then from Y?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I wanted to know, if I am flying in Premium economy on QF, and requested an upgrade into Business, do I rank ahead of those who have requested it from Economy to BUsiness?

If so, what about status? Would a Gold FF in Economy rank above someone with no status in Premium economy?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 13, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I'm pretty sure you do rank ahead of those in Y. If you request an upgrade from Y to J and it is denied then you are considered for an upgrade to Y+. So if you request an upgrade and it is successful then you go to J and the Y passenger who requested an upgrade goes into your seat in Y+.

That way Qantas gets to process two upgrade requests rather than just one from Y to J.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 10:33 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
I have flown Y+ 4 times with an upgrade request on all 4 flights but no luck! I have a feeling they want to make the Premium cabin look full when Y customers walk though it. As there were free seats in J for some of my flights.....
Old Oct 14, 2008, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Not sure about that... as a Qantas Gold I got an upgrade from discount Y to J on BKK-SYD in July, right as World Youth Day was happening, so I'd say the chances are just as good...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.