Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

headphone jacks single or dual on 744

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC

Will be flying QF94 in December (which is a 744 as far as I am aware). Just curious to know whether the headphone jacks for the entertainment system will take a single prong or double.
Need to know if I have to go to the electronics store and buy an adaptor.
Might seem like a bit of a simple question , but I have not flown Qantas for 10+ years as I live in Canada. On the AC flights, if it is a 2 prong, I have found you have to plug in your single jack headphones and then pull back a 1-2mm to get your headphones to operate in stero.

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
It is a dual prong setup. Best to buy an adaptor.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:57 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by nonce
It is a dual prong setup. Best to buy an adaptor.
Agree best buy an adaptor.
Oh for J it is three prong for the QF noise cancelling headphone but from experience the two-prongs work.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:51 am

Programs: QF Plat | UA MP
Not an overly critical point as question was single versus dual prongs, but aren't all jacks 3 prong on the QF 744, but only the J headphones have the third prong for power to NC headphones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.