Wiki Posts
Search

Darwin Qantas Club - Opening Hours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Darwin Qantas Club - Opening Hours

I will be transiting through Darwin on July 13, arriving at 4AM and heading off at 1PM. From the Qantas website it says:

"Before Qantas departures"

Do they actually close the lounge during the day or is that just on days where there are no flights?

NB Will I be able to check-in for my 1PM flight on arrival (i.e. 4AM)?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
This club is a ..... - it's shut for HOURS during the day/ evening.

Pop across the road to the Aero Club for a feed and a beer.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 6:00 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
They do actually close the lounge as everyone knows who wants to take the red eye to Sydney.

In your case, there is a flight leaving at 7.15 and then again at 13.05. So my guess is that they will close the lounge after 7 am.

Check-in should be possible when you arrive or just do it online.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:20 pm

I believe it opens at 5am. Waited a long long time after a Tiger flight arrived at 2 am from SIN before our 7am departure to ASP.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:38 pm

Programs: Qantas, Air New Zealand, United
similar question darwin qantas club

I am commencing my Done4 from indonesia and have a reward ticket that takes me from mel-dps via, syd and drw, the flight from sydney gets in to DRW at 13:45 and the flight to DPS on TL departs at 19:15. There are two Jetstar flights up to singapore one departs at 15:45 and the other at 18:15 would the qantas club be open for these or not necessarily? as I would assume that these are a320 flights without star class, the only qantas flight I can find that departs after 13:45 is one to PER at 14:30.
More important would I qualify for access to the Qantas club with my membership if flying TL (air north) ? I am thinking I would be better off leaving the airport than hanging around at the qantas club, by the way what is the DRW qantas club like ?
Old Oct 13, 2008, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Has anyone been silly enough to book a JetStar flight (silly me, booking JQ SYD-KUL-SYD which is now SYD-DRW-SIN-KUL-SIN-DRW-SYD) and have to suffer terrible stopover timings in DRW?

We fly SIN-DRW on the return leg arriving at 04:40 before getting a DRW-SYD flight at 08:40.

I guess we can do Intl. immigration into DRW. Has anyone done this, so that they can get a decent breakfast outside the airport at 5AM or get into the QP some time after it open?

I am just seeking reassurance we're not going to be left in limbo inside an international corridor, without the option to go through customs before catching the DRW-SYD leg home.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:37 pm

Does it stay open for Jetstar?

New member to the Qantas club. Fly in to Darwin often, I'm currently booked on a JQ flight at 1:50am in the morning. I see the only Qantas flight leaving around this time is 00:40 to Sydney.

So if I arrive in the lounge at 00:00 to catch my jetstar flight at 01:55 will they kick me out after the QF Sydney flight departs, at 00:40 or do they stay open until the Jetstar passengers leave?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 11:02 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity, *Alliance
Originally Posted by HumptyBK315
New member to the Qantas club. Fly in to Darwin often, I'm currently booked on a JQ flight at 1:50am in the morning. I see the only Qantas flight leaving around this time is 00:40 to Sydney.

So if I arrive in the lounge at 00:00 to catch my jetstar flight at 01:55 will they kick me out after the QF Sydney flight departs, at 00:40 or do they stay open until the Jetstar passengers leave?
The short answer is no. Since daylight saving came in this year they now close at 1.00am. Times are 9.00pm to 1.00am then 5.00am to 7.30am then 10.00am to 2.30pm, etc, etc.

I came across on the 7.15am flight to Cairns from Darwin this morning and we all boarded ok and after half an hour or so, the Captain decided the plane was not going anywere and we all go off again. Came back into the termial just after 7.30am and the Qantas Club was closed!!

From the Qantas website, the details below do not give times

Darwin
First floor, next to Gate 1
Before Qantas departures
Ph: (08) 8920 4664
Fx: (08) 8920 4660
Old Jun 2, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Just called them and they say the current late evening opening time is 10:30pm.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Do you suppose they would be open for QF 829, departing DRW at 1:45am?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.