Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Interiors

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Like i said earlier in this thread (or maybe the one on AFF) I am constantly amazed by the greedy selfishness of people in the QP. Plenty of times i have seen people load up their plate with food, beyond what is reasonable, regardless of how many people are behind them in the line. I also see people push into the line all the time. The rudeness and lack of respect constantly amazes me and others in the line. I expect this behavior to continue to be seen with the self-serve kiosks on board.

For many passengers, the $2.5k they have laid down for their flight is a lot of money to them, and they feel they need to drink and eat as much as they can to "get their money's worth"
Old May 15, 2008, 10:46 am

Talking

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-23349,00.html

I feel like a Z-list celebrity
Old May 15, 2008, 10:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Like i said earlier in this thread (or maybe the one on AFF) I am constantly amazed by the greedy selfishness of people in the QP. Plenty of times i have seen people load up their plate with food, beyond what is reasonable, regardless of how many people are behind them in the line.
I do not do this myself, in fact, I rarely partake of the hot food offering. But I suspect that this is due to the EXTREMELY limited offering in the QP, basically, it is a "get it now or you don't get it at all" mentality.

If they were much better off with replenishing the offerings, I do not think we would see this phenomena.

Dave
Old May 15, 2008, 1:10 pm

The green interior color scheme in Economy Class is so not Qantas like. The Suites in First Class don't seem to have the same privacy levels as CX and the beds are not as big as I anticipated.
Old May 15, 2008, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AndDee
The "typical" economy class passenger will eat most of the snacks and/or take them all back to their seat
No need to single out Y passengers for this kind of behaviour. I remember a discussion on this board about the downgrading of scotch in Flounges, after pax would sample a whole bottle home.

What's the experience been with self-service J snacks on the longer flights?
Old May 15, 2008, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Well at least they have seen what's been written. It's up to Ms de Rome now to produce her 'best in the air" products.
Old May 15, 2008, 6:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by deeruck
No need to single out Y passengers for this kind of behaviour. I remember a discussion on this board about the downgrading of scotch in Flounges, after pax would sample a whole bottle home.

What's the experience been with self-service J snacks on the longer flights?
Same behaviour, just less people.
Old May 16, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
V.I.L.E spells vile...

Another missed opportunity for QF. Shame on you, shame.

WHY Class looks like cat sick. Really, Mr Newson, you call yourself a designer?

LOL. Brilliant...

Last edited by Airgroovin; May 16, 2008 at 6:09 am
Old May 16, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
What are these solid color, lighter green seats going to look like after a year or two? Dirt, food, wine spills, etc are going to show.

Dark seats with a pattern do not so the dirt/spills and are the best choice. QF should have done something special or unique with a dark blue print.
Old May 16, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I actually don't mind the colours at all. Oh well.
Old May 16, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: Qantas
"burnt amber of ripening wheat" - I grew up in a wheat-farming area and the only time I remember wheat being that colour was when it was actually on fire....
Old May 16, 2008, 1:26 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
QF installs crown green bowls lawn on top deck.

Apparently we risk being bowled over in the A380. I assume that there is a portion of seating removed on the top deck for a crown green lawn so that the passengers on the lower deck can be bowled over. Now I know what that fireproof astroturf is for!

Whatever you think of the interior, I would rather sit in the QF new interior than on some of the other aircraft I fly in. I was in a 737 with the original hatracks not long ago. Ever flown for 13 hours in a Hercules? LHR-SIN on QF isn't that bad. Antonov 26 with the goats and chickens? 15 hours on the cabin crew jumpseat on a 757 with no padding, no IFE etc. You will live to tell the tale!
Old May 16, 2008, 1:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by spotwelder
Ever flown for 13 hours in a Hercules? LHR-SIN on QF isn't that bad.
How about eight hours in a Caribou? (Including ten minutes in seat 0L!) Richmond-Orange-Dubbo-Narromine-(refuel)-Wagga-Canberra-Richmond.

PM me if you want the details, including why I was sitting in the left seat on the flight deck, as a 15 year old CDTCPL.

Dave
Old May 16, 2008, 6:07 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by spotwelder
You will live to tell the tale!
Maybe you will, maybe you won't....
Old May 16, 2008, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BD*G
Good grief. Those interior colours are the devil's work. I won't be rushing to visit my grandchildren in Cairns on that bird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.