Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Personal superstitions on QF/OW flights??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal superstitions on QF/OW flights??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2003, 12:32 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I have a shocking superstition.

Every business and first class flight ive flown on oneworld has always been delayed.

2.5 hour delay in LAS this evening

Every economy ticket is flawless..perfect flight, good service, good seats and usually end up with free drinks
Old Nov 13, 2003, 5:36 am

Programs: QF Bronze
QFF, what are you going to do if you are on a Qantas twin engine acft that has an inflight shutdown?
Old Nov 13, 2003, 1:13 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yessven:
Those who have posted so far seem to have had excellent records with their flying careers. In contrast, I have no superstitions and have had five or six delays of 2 hours plus in my limited travel (14 trips in two years). But two of those long delays were on DJ, so they're to be expected. As shown here. Therefore I now have just one superstition, don't fly DJ!</font>
I like you don't have superstitions, but have had almost no problems. Only one of note was a 13 hour delay on CX (MEL-HKG-AMS) but CX/QF/BA very pleasantly rebooked me on BA (MEL-SIN-LHR-AMS) and I got there a couple of hours behind original schedule.

The only other major delay was on US out of EWR - don't fly them any more. There are always delays etc. on US domestic sectors - maybe my tolerance there is just greater (inculcated).

No take-off/landing hick-ups. One diversion (LAX-MEL diverted to SYD) but no biggie.

I think I am too much of a sceptic to have superstitions. Possibly my only habit (as per NM) is to make sure I make full use of all facilities/benefits/supplies especially the drinks .
Old Nov 13, 2003, 8:15 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
On international flights I aways carry my luck charm that has so far (touch wood) provided my sterling serivce regarding entry into countries. I never leave my home country without it. Its a little dark blue book with the Australian coat of arms on the cover. It contains my lucky photograph, my lucky signiture and other lucky details about me.

I always ask the friendly government officials at each country boarder if they will provide their autograph in my luck book, but mostly they just use the "autograph" stamp while some nice ones add their initials to the page.

I figure its better to hand them little blue autograph book to sign rather than ask them to sign my 4 week old undies.

PS. the 4 week old undies saves greatly on washing. After the 4 weekly rorations you just throw them out and buy a new pair, not only saving on packing space, but preserving the environment by wasting less water and avoiding those dangerous detergents and chemicals.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 8:17 pm
QFF

Programs: Qantas FF/Royal Orchid Plus

Hopefully if there was a 'shutdown' the crew would not make me aware of it. However this was a full blown explosion complete with appropriate sound effects, fire and smoke and accompanying screams from passengers !

However to answer your question-my underwear would be in the same state as NM's is after 4 weeks-except mine would be in that condition in less than 4 seconds !

Cheers QFF

------------------
Qa not Qu
Old Nov 13, 2003, 9:51 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QFF:
However to answer your question-my underwear would be in the same state as NM's is after 4 weeks-except mine would be in that condition in less than 4 seconds ! </font>
Currently, my underwear is in the state of Queensland. I promise I will buy new jocks before Tuesday's bash! Honest. But I have no intention of proving it.

I can confirm, however, that I have not have any in-flight experiences that have reduced the wear time of my Reg Grundy's.

But remember that in-flight spectacular engine failure can occure to the best airlines - just consider the 767 engine failure NZ experinced just out of Brisbane last year. Hmm, maybe that is not such a good example. I bet there were plenty of underwear sales that day at the BNE airport shops after the aircraft safely returned to the ground.
Old Nov 15, 2003, 2:18 pm

Programs: QF SG, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, HH Gold
My fear is what happened to me yesterday. On FJ911 from Nadi to SYD I was seated upstairs (747-400) on the isle in the exit row with m-a-s-s-i-v-e legroom. I was one of the first upstairs and couldn't believe my luck. (thought it may have been my lucky wooden kava pot!) Anyway, as fate would have it a man weighing in at about 200kg came and sat RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, he was extremely friendly and a great guy but I spent the entire 4 hour flight pushed across so I was hanging out into the isle getting bumped by everyone. It was a disaster.... I am not sure what should happen in these circumstances, I don't think I would ever say anything to the FA's (unless it was an extremely long haul flight) but it was just a real let down.

Cammo
Old Nov 16, 2003, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Cammo, sorry to hear about your "pressing" experience...great SC's on that trip too

That is a problem, but what can you do on a full flight?
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:23 am

Programs: QF SG, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, HH Gold
The SC's weren't too bad, 160 total but I made a bit of a mistake on the way back... Spent the night in Brissy on Sat and could have taken the BNE-GLT-ROK-MKY-TVL for 80 Sc's but was feeling a bit crook so took the direct option instead. I can't imagine how I will ever get to WP without doing runs like this.... Anyway, pretty good trip all around, got an ODU from TVL-BNE, got exit isles on all flights except SYD-NAD and EVERY flight arrived early... Gotta be happy with that (apart from the big guy!!!)

Cammo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.