sold out.

Some of the destinations on offer...

Sydney to:

Adelaide from $100
Perth from $165

Canberra to:

Sydney from $60
Brisbane from $97

Valid for travel until Thursday 18 December 2003.

Sydney to:

Gold Coast from $62
Adelaide from $100
Alice Springs from $122
Hobart from $126
Perth from $165
Cairns from $174
Ayers Rock (Uluru) from $195
Hamilton Island from $201

Canberra to:

Sydney from $60
Melbourne from $75
Adelaide from $75
Brisbane from $97
Maroochydore from $129
Launceston from $132
Perth from $176
Cairns from $208

Valid for travel from Tuesday 13 January 2004 until Thursday 30 September

Hurry - seats are limited. Book now by visiting http://qantas.com/rededeals

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONDITIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prices may fluctuate due to changes in charges/taxes. Airfares include
associated charges/taxes (as at 14 November 2003).

Limited availability. Travel in economy class. Airfares are non-refundable.
Changes are permitted at a charge. E-ticket only.

For the latest holiday specials, visit http://qantas.com/holidays

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You could WIN 2 tickets to the Final of Rugby World Cup 2003. Visit
http://www.qantas.com/rugby
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You have received this e-mail because you are subscribed to Qantas red
e-mail. You can unsubscribe at any time
by typing in your e-mail address and clicking "unsubscribe" at
http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/au/redemail

If this e-mail has been forwarded to you by someone other than Qantas and
you want to be added to the free
Qantas red e-mail distribution list, you can subscribe at
http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/au/redemail

This is a post only e-mail. Please do not respond to this message.

Qantas Airways Limited
ABN 16 009 661 901
Old Nov 14, 2003, 6:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm going to be in MEL in late January for the Australian Open. I wanted to do a day trip to Sydney. It's pricing out at $143 for 1/27 (leave AM, return PM). Can I expect any other sales between now and then to make the fare lower than this? It's like $103USD, so I'm thinking maybe that's about the lowest amount of money I've ever paid for a ticket and I should just buy it.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:17 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
In recent sales Qantas has only gotten down as low as $66 each way or thereabouts - so I'd be happy with that price, they're unlikely to do anything like halve the price, closest is maybe $10 less each way - not really worth waiting for, cause the best N class seats disappear *very* quickly!
Old Nov 14, 2003, 7:53 am

Thanks, I just bought it, it was asinine to think it could go any lower. I got a 747 on the outbound, don't think I've ever been on one for that short of a flight. I also don't think I've ever paid $103USD ($143AUD) for an airline ticket. The web site indicates that there are meals on both flights. They flights are so short, and the price is so low, that I can't actually imagine there will be. And if there are, how do they ever expect to make money?
Old Nov 14, 2003, 8:02 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Given that the 27th of January is a weekday, not only will you get something to eat in each direction, but if it's an early enough flight in the morning you'll get a free newspaper, and if it's after 4pm for the return flight it's free beer or wine included too! As for the meal, for MEL-SYD it's nothing spectacular, cereal in the morning, a roll at lunch, pasta salad at dinner (or similar) and snacks between times - but still better than an empty tray table .
Old Nov 14, 2003, 8:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bergamini:
Thanks, I just bought it, it was asinine to think it could go any lower. I got a 747 on the outbound, don't think I've ever been on one for that short of a flight. I also don't think I've ever paid $103USD ($143AUD) for an airline ticket. The web site indicates that there are meals on both flights. They flights are so short, and the price is so low, that I can't actually imagine there will be. And if there are, how do they ever expect to make money?</font>
What flights are you actually on? Just flight numbers, no need for dates (am presuming you are on QF 10 from MEL to SYD).

Also, what sort of oneworld status do you have?

Dave
Old Nov 14, 2003, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
meloz, thanks for the warning. Even though it's no good for me for one of the few times I have been looking for red e-deals to book direct (the problem with having to travel at specific times just before Christmas), at least I now know that the prices I am getting aren't likely to go any lower.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bergamini:
The web site indicates that there are meals on both flights. They flights are so short, and the price is so low, that I can't actually imagine there will be. And if there are, how do they ever expect to make money?</font>
Welcome to the real world. Even Sydney-Canberra on QF or London-Paris on BA will get you some food.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
What flights are you actually on? Just flight numbers, no need for dates (am presuming you are on QF 10 from MEL to SYD).

Also, what sort of oneworld status do you have?

Dave
</font>

I'm on QF003 MEL to SYD and QF188 SYD to MEL. I have no OneWorld Status, other than a base AA FF card with about 25K miles in my account. I'm taking MH from the US in F as I'm platinum on their partner NW.

Thanks for all the input, it's nice to learn a little bit about how short hops work in other areas.
Old Nov 14, 2003, 9:50 am
In Memoriam

I'm on QF003 MEL to SYD and QF188 SYD to MEL. I have no OneWorld Status, other than a base AA FF card with about 25K miles in my account. I'm taking MH from the US in F as I'm platinum on their partner NW.

Thanks for all the input, it's nice to learn a little bit about how short hops work in other areas.
</font>
QF3 or QF10, it is actually the same flight (operationally, that is).

You are actually flying on international flights in both directions, that is probably why you managed to score flights so cheaply.

Bear in mind that you will need photo ID for both flights, when checking in, on departure for immigration control (don't worry, they won't stamp your passport and it won't affect your visa), when entering the aircraft at the gate and upon arrival for immigration (again, don't be concerned, you will be marked as a domestic passenger, so you won't have ANY worries)

(Please note though that these formailities do not apply in general to domestic flights within Australia, only to the handful of flights which are actually INTERNATIONAL flights which have a domestic component).

You will be fed on the flights. You will even get free alcohol on the SYD-MEL flight, several helpings, in fact. Expect to be surprised compared to what you are used to in the Third World (aka United States).

The reason I asked about status was for lounge access, but you won't get it, so I won't bother.

Dave
Old Nov 14, 2003, 10:08 am

Thanks for the info. I was actually kind of wondering because I saw that my flights were in the international terminal and I was a bit worried about customs, especially since I won't have any luggage on a day trip.

I just read your profile. Am I gong to be yelling at you from the stands in Melbourne Park? :-)
Old Nov 14, 2003, 6:03 pm
In Memoriam

I just read your profile. Am I gong to be yelling at you from the stands in Melbourne Park? :-)</font>
Up until 2003 you would have - alas, I have been elected Deputy Captain of my bushfire brigade, and January is one of our worst months, so having a breather (so to speak) in 2004. Should be there in 2005 though.

Dave
Old Nov 14, 2003, 11:55 pm
QFF

Programs: Qantas FF/Royal Orchid Plus
Geez Dave,

Leyton's gonna miss you !

------------------
Qa not Qu
Old Nov 15, 2003, 9:31 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QFF:
Geez Dave,

Leyton's gonna miss you !
</font>
Hmnph, don't get me started on the obnoxious, arrogant, conceited little brat.

Have a funny story to tell about him, not for publication on the net though, so it will have to be at a QP near you.

Dave
Old Nov 15, 2003, 6:35 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Since SYD-OOL is now $63 (which should change back to $103 soon), I plan to I stock up several N-class tickets for future travel through to Sep 30th.

However, if I want to change dates after the sale is over, does anybody know if I have to pay difference of fares ($40) in addition to the change fee ($33), provided I'm only re-booking onto flights with "N" availability?

Since I'm only rebooking within the same booking class, I don't see how Qantas can legitimately charge me extra $40 fare difference. Any insights?

Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2003, 6:37 pm
QFF

Programs: Qantas FF/Royal Orchid Plus
Dave,

A family member has a connection to the game so I've probably heard the story !!!

The rellie agrees with your opinion but has some compassion for him on the grounds that it's his genetic inheritence that's the problem !

Cheers QFF

------------------
Qa not Qu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.