Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum SYD Connection Time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Minimum SYD Connection Time

Would one have enough time at Sydney to arrive on an international flight at 8:05pm, and connect to a QF flight at 9:30 at T3? Im not as much worried about missing the flight, but need to meet SYD minimum connection time so the Airline can be held liable if the flight is late.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seperate tickets or one ticket (PNR) ?
Will you have checked or hand luggage only ?
90 minutes MCT is acheivable but checking in for the dom flight at the T1 int terminal and connecting on that bus can take a long time. Often better to take the train (any pay) for T1 to T3 transfer
I have have trips with one PNR-ticket with 55 minutes T3 to T1 but checked baggerd has not made the T1 flight.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
2 tickets unforunently; Emirates-QF/VB

So its a no-go?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I believe the MCT is 2 hours.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetsetkiwi
2 tickets unforunently; Emirates-QF/VB
So its a no-go?
I would not try it. If Emirates is late its all your problem if you miss for the connecting flight. Emirates will not offer you any protection.

Seat 2A in his trip report on last paragraph in post 5 had a 2.5hr late arrvival on BA (LHR-SYD) He had paid $9-00 insurance with DJ on his SYD-LAU flight. They accomadated him on a later flight, thanks to the insurance
We landed in Bangkok at 6:20pm local time, with departure to Sydney re-scheduled for 8:00pm. The new departure time, two and a half hours later than our originally scheduled 5:30pm departure, meant that I would very likely miss my connecting flight between Sydney and Launceston. I wasn’t overly concerned. There are plenty of connections available via Melbourne and besides, I’d purchased the $9.00 insurance option in anticipation of just such an event.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 29, 2008 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.