Wiki Posts
Search

QF93 18 August 2003

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat,Marriott Silver, HH nobody, QF Bronze/QP member
QF93 18 August 2003

Here is a tale that isn't often told on QF or almost ant other airline out there:

After a lovely 3 week holiday in Australia, my wife and I check-in with QF at MEL. We wander around the airport and then decide it's time to head for the QC and read the paper and enjoy my last HP for quite sometime. I go to check us in at the QC desk when the kind woman at the desk says: "Good Morning Mr. msnflyer, can I have your boarding passes, please?" "Certainly.", I reply and hand them over. She then hands me back my 'new' boarding passes admitting my wife an I to Business class. Now this is great already, however, it gets better....we are traveling on AA award tickets!

I am an AA plat and a QC member, I suppose that this might have something to do with the upgrade and the flight was over-sold in Economy as well.

So it seems that on occasion, QF really is a great airline.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 3:41 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by msnflyer:
So it seems that on occasion, QF really is a great airline. </font>
But we already knew that
Old Aug 19, 2003, 5:02 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Congratulations! A very pleasent and welcomed surprise I am sure. Probably a bit of a case of being in the right place at the right time, but when luck falls your way, grab it with both hands and enjoy.
Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
So when can we expect the report?

Dave
Old Aug 20, 2003, 12:33 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
msnflyer, see we really do love Americans!! Thank your AA Plat status from the sounds of it!!

Now, just make sure AA return the favour when Mrs QF WP and I fly to GEG & LAS over Xmas/New Year.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat,Marriott Silver, HH nobody, QF Bronze/QP member
I will see if I can get a report on the great service Qantas gave later this week.

I must say that QF domestic QCs and flights are also very good as well...but you already knew that as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.