Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

NZ campervan/motorhome recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2002, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

I'm thinking about renting a campervan/motorhome in NZ for a trip next March/April, probably for an Auckland-Wellington one-way.

Does anyone have any recommendations about companies to use/avoid?

TIA

[Sorry to anyone who sees this request on other boards as well.]
Old Nov 17, 2002, 11:11 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You might want to re-evaluate this. I would rather stay in motels (which are cheaper in NZ than the campervan rental); I did a 3 week NZ trip covering over 2000 miles (both islands, and some magnificent sights, but really need 6 months to cover that much ground properly). Motels in NZ are superior to American motels (though I mostly stayed at B&Bs and a couple of lavish resorts). Some of the most beautiful country in the world is in NZ (both North and South island). The other problem with a campervan is the ferry to south island and back is very expensive for a vehicle (rental cars let you switch cars at the other side instead of taking them across, a great service). A final note, plan your trip to match weather conditions -- the weather can be awesome at times (both good and bad). You do have to work with it, particularly in the more adventurous places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.