Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde report (for QF people)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2002, 11:05 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks for the report WG. From what I read here one doesn't do the Concorde for dining, entertainment or seat comfort, but for flying, right? Lovely.

------------------
airOli, the Swiss Air Line.
Old May 8, 2002, 2:11 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:

It was about 3hrs 15 each way when I did it. Obviously you haven't travelled on Qantas from CNS-PER on a 146

Anyway, Concorde isnt 1st class , its listed in the timetable as SSC ( Supersonic class ).

Do you know any other major airlines showing movies in SSC ?

Dave
</font>
Concorde gets up above the prevailing winds (FL550-600 generally) and hence the flight time is similar in each direction.

Dave, you are 100% correct on both counts (the 146 CNS-PER and the SSC class ).
Old May 8, 2002, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks for the addition details, guys. I didn't notice video screens on the photos of the new seats, so knew there was only audio. Too bad that the new Terrance Conran-designed lus won't be on board when I do this in July.
Old May 8, 2002, 10:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
I KNEW IT - I knew the person behind me on the 6th was a Flyertalker - I was in 6D on BA002! I couldn't work out why someone so young was on Concorde!!!!

I should have talked to you sorry!!!!
Old May 9, 2002, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markie:
I KNEW IT - I knew the person behind me on the 6th was a Flyertalker - I was in 6D on BA002! I couldn't work out why someone so young was on Concorde!!!!

I should have talked to you sorry!!!!
</font>

Markie

Hope you enjoyed the flight! I couldn't work out what that family of three was doing on the flight (mother plus two teenage children) - I thought they were American but it turned out they were from the UK.

Also - any ideas who the two guys in row 9 were? (They were the ones with the tracksuit on and wearing dark sunglasses - plus I think they had their manager with them on the other side of the aisle.)

And just out of curiosity... me being a flyertalker showed up just how??

Airoli - I think you put it just right - one 'does' Concorde. And yes - it's for the flying.

Cheers

WG
Old May 9, 2002, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those interested in menus and photos:

www.call2call.nl/concorde
Old May 9, 2002, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Great Pictures Scott, thanks for sharing,
Marc
Old May 9, 2002, 8:34 pm
mgm

Do they still have the Concorde only duty free selection? Pity about no more gifts. Scott's Smythson diary looked quite nice.
Old May 9, 2002, 10:09 pm

Great trip report Scott. I am VERY excited about taking the Concorde over to London in the near future. But it is a bit difficult planning the trip from LA
Old May 9, 2002, 10:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Hope you enjoyed the flight! I couldn't work out what that family of three was doing on the flight (mother plus two teenage children) - I thought they were American but it turned out they were from the UK.

- My guess was probably some football players family - or staff as they were pretty smartly dressed.

Also - any ideas who the two guys in row 9 were? (They were the ones with the tracksuit on and wearing dark sunglasses - plus I think they had their manager with them on the other side of the aisle.)

- No but they kept nodding to me in the lounge like they knew who I was - which is strange as I'm not anyone! Also there was a lot of chat on their mobiles but I couldn't work out which business they were in. Just seemed a shame for them to sleep for 3 1/5 hours!

- You seemed to persude the staff to feed you twice - were interested in what was happening without the need to have your picture taken - and I noticed you had your boarding passes out - that was the real give away!

Old May 10, 2002, 1:43 am

ScottC-the photos are great.
Did you take them on a digital camera?they are very clear.
Pitty you didnt get a photo of the concorde seats!!
thanks for sharing!!
Old May 10, 2002, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markie:

- You seemed to persude the staff to feed you twice - were interested in what was happening without the need to have your picture taken - and I noticed you had your boarding passes out - that was the real give away!

</font>
Aaaaargh - my credibility. It's lost!!

MGM: yes they still have the Concorde duty free. Not much in there - but they have a couple of pages of Concorde stuff like cuff-links and pins etc

WG

Old May 10, 2002, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Interesting to hear about the "Concorde Stuff" they are selling! Do you remember if these tags were there - might save us some bucks in a few weeks?

We are about to buy ourselves SOLID SILVER Concorde bag tags. I might order TWO, what the heck! It is 4.5 inches long and 1.75 inches wide so its quite a deal for 24 quid, and shipping is peanuts at 1.34 - even to OZ. Makes those plain boring black 1K and plain EMBARRASING plastic KLM Royal Wing bag tags pale into insignificance.

http://www.avrohouse.co.uk/acatalog/...oncorde_8.html

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old May 11, 2002, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
Interesting to hear about the "Concorde Stuff" they are selling! Do you remember if these tags were there - might save us some bucks in a few weeks?

</font>
No there were no tags. Only the general cuff-link type stuff.

Regards

WG

Old May 13, 2002, 10:59 am

LHR/MEL/Europe FF - just cheked out your web page.
Do you actually have seats at home that you sit in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.