I know they won't do it, but.......

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2002, 6:00 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
I know they won't do it, but.......

Two things........

1. Allow a limited amount of upgrades on other carriers - I was thinking of people booked on QF codeshares/BA operated - who want to travel in World Traveller Plus. Perhaps if they were to charge the same as a "Full Economy to Business Class" upgrade, then some would consider it, particuylarly if they did not have the extra points to upgrade from "Discount Economy to Business Class".

2. "Economy to First Class" - at the moment, it costs 100,000 points to upgrade from discount Y to J on SYD-LHR - I would be willing to pay up to about 200,000 points to upgrade from Y to J on this sector, but they only allow upgrades to the next cabin. They could get rid of so many points by allowing "sub-load" upgrades for as far as someone is prepared to pay.

Dave
Old Apr 22, 2002, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"1. Allow a limited amount of upgrades on other carriers - I was thinking of people booked on QF codeshares/BA operated - who want to travel in World Traveller Plus. Perhaps if they were to charge the same as a "Full Economy to Business Class" upgrade, then some would consider it, particuylarly if they did not have the extra points to upgrade from "Discount Economy to Business Class"."

There are cheapish ways to get WT+ with BA. Qantas does ( or did until recently ) have a deal where you could upgrade WT to WT+ for AUD250 per sector which isn't too bad an offer. If you are a Platinum member it is possible to get award bookings in WT+ for the same price as and award in WT.

"2. "Economy to First Class" - at the moment, it costs 100,000 points to upgrade from discount Y to J on SYD-LHR - I would be willing to pay up to about 200,000 points to upgrade from Y to J on this sector, but they only allow upgrades to the next cabin. They could get rid of so many points by allowing "sub-load" upgrades for as far as someone is prepared to pay."

I assume you mean that you would be prepared to pay 200,00 for Y to P rather than Y to J .. or you have far too many miles accumulated . I can't see that that would be that worthwhile a points spend to be honest given that it only costs 275,000 for a free 1st ticket.

Dave
Old Apr 22, 2002, 7:24 am

I know they won't do it, but:

1. Could they please go back to serving decent meals in economy!

2. Could they possibly reduce the time you have to wait on the phone by about 20 minutes.

3. Could they get a wriggle on with getting the PTVs in economy.

4. Could the cabin crew be just a "little" friendler - I know you're not happy, but please don't take it out on me!

5. Could they have just a small section where us die-hard smokers can retreat to during those long flights over the Pacific.

6. ...I could go on.... but I guess that's what you get when you have a monopoly (or pretty close to it).

MD

Old Apr 22, 2002, 7:29 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
I assume you mean that you would be prepared to pay 200,00 for Y to P rather than Y to J .. or you have far too many miles accumulated . I can't see that that would be that worthwhile a points spend to be honest given that it only costs 275,000 for a free 1st ticket.</font>
I was just commenting in general terms - as a Gold FF, I get about 20,000 points for a SYD-LHR flight - too lazy to go and get the exact amount. If an upgrade was on offer, at say around 200K points (for the RT), I would still get the original 40K points (for the RT) and only spend a total of 160K points. As someone who gets more points than they can use, I don't mind using these points for that.

Dave (another one)
Old Apr 22, 2002, 7:36 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MilesDependent:
I know they won't do it, but:

1. Could they please go back to serving decent meals in economy!
</font>
My Coq au vin in Feb on MEL-SIN was superb!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">2. Could they possibly reduce the time you have to wait on the phone by about 20 minutes.</font>
I just phoned them to get seating alloacted for a booking I just made online (SYD-SIN-SYD) and they answered before I could get it up (story of my life!)

{QUOTE}3. Could they get a wriggle on with getting the PTVs in economy.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree on this one.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">4. Could the cabin crew be just a "little" friendler - I know you're not happy, but please don't take it out on me!</font>
I have always - without exception - found QF cabin crews to be exceptionally friendly.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">5. Could they have just a small section where us die-hard smokers can retreat to during those long flights over the Pacific.</font>
As a non-smoker, I disagree - but then, I can see where someone with any sort of addicition can start pleading to be allowed to dabble, without any sort of feeling as to the effects of their addiction on anyone else in the immediate vicinty.

(Note, I am definitely trolling with the above statement).

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.