Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Comments about QF domestic business class service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2001, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Dear QF flyers,

Why will you rate QF inflight service for domestic business class? How does it compare to Ansett? Especially on the long haul sector, such as PER to MEL!

What kind of meals does it serve on long haul flight and is it similar to QF interntional flights?

Thanks
Carfield
Old Jul 29, 2001, 10:16 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Carfield:
Why will you rate QF inflight service for domestic business class? How does it compare to Ansett? Especially on the long haul sector, such as PER to MEL!
</font>
I aligned myself with QF for domestic travel years ago, as a result of AN being cheap (8pm flights used to get full dinner on QF, but not AN), nasty (not giving out headphones SYD-MEL even though the audio system was on) and incompetent (being able to lose my booking). As a result, I haven't compared them for MEL-PER.

But I've been very happy with QF. Economy meals are pretty good. Business class the quality is better, the brand of ice cream is better, and there's after-dinner port, etc. Used to be a platter of biscuits (crackers to you yanks) & cheese and fruit brought around too.

International business (as used to be available in a 747 from PER-SYD) was better though.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 1:31 pm

Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia / Tallahassee, Florida, USA / QF Club; QF-Silver; OW-Ruby; AN; DL-Blue.
Domestic J is not as good as Intl J, but on long coast to coast flights they are pretty good. Food is good (not as much as intl though) and service really depends on who you get.

However, the prob is flights between BNE-PER (which is what i fly), they use 737s, and the J class is the old first class, not as good as QF J in 767s and 747s. I suppose MEL-PER would be 737s as well. If this is the case ask for a seat in the first two rows. The other rows are hybrids, not as good.

Never been on AN for coast to coast. But been on BNE-SYD at 10.20am and got a banana for morning tea in J Class, so dont hold your breath with AN. They´re trying to cut costs.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 11:22 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I took AN MEL-PER dinner flight last December in J. It was pretty good. Row 2 in the A320 cabin, old F seats were very comfy and pitch was medium good. Food was very good and the purser was a legend. Always had options and choices available. I seem to recall having John Dory Lasagne and icream later, canapse to start and port offered with tea/coffee. I enjoyed it.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Jul 30, 2001, 6:57 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
I have found QF's service on PER-MEL dinner flights to be great in J class.

When I sometimes work in PER, I try to get the dinner flight back to MEL after a long weary day. My employer pays full Y fare and I prefer to pay approx. $230 to upgrade to J on the flight. It's almost impossible to upgrade using points/certificates.

Paying the $230 differential is definitely worth it on a 4 hour dinner flight

------------------
- Gary -

[This message has been edited by Gary (edited 07-30-2001).]
Old Jul 31, 2001, 4:36 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
What you get.
Dinner flight on the 737, which was similiar to 767. 767 I feel is better.

Pre departure drink.
Bread roll, salad, choice of hot meal, salmon or pasta with olives. Chocolate, choice of wine, tea or coffee.
2 knifes and forks, and 2 spoons,(what were they for, didn't seem to be enough food for the second spoon, thought of souveniring it)

Sorry no menu for domestic. although I did wonder whether the hostess work with some sort of dinner so they would know what the food contain.

So have you finalised your schedule yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.