Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Quantum VISA Card points ??? What happen after Sept 15th ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2001, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

Currently, every dollar spent using QF VISA card earns one QF FF Point ...

Does anyone know what happens after Sept 15th ???

If this ratio of 1 to 1 is maintained, it would make travelling to overseas on AWARD tickets much cheaper ....

Happy spending ....

------------------
My favourite pay-to-surf programs ....

http://www.lottoforever.com/[email protected]
Old Jul 13, 2001, 11:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
Another question concerns points for hotel stays. Will they remain the same, or be cut back? No word in the advertising from QF. Koala
Old Jul 14, 2001, 5:18 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnnie123:
Currently, every dollar spent using QF VISA card earns one QF FF Point ...
</font>
Not quite true. Every dollar spent overseas earns 2 QF FF points.

Considering that they just had a promotion whereby they were giving 20% bonus for credit card points transferred over, and given that most of those points will be used under the new scheme, I can't see any reason why the earning rate would change.

Given that their redemption levels are mostly rising with the new scheme, why would the earning rate on credit cards change?

Car rental points have dropped over the last few years on Qantas, and Ansett has just lowered the rate that Avis rentals earn with them in Australia. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the hotel chains reduce the number of points they pay out too.

Old Jul 22, 2001, 9:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
Not quite true. Every dollar spent overseas earns 2 QF FF points.</font>
Hmmmmm... sorry to cut in but as far as my latest Rewards Statement goes: "Double Rewards Points do not accrue on ... purchases made in the Christmas Islands, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Heard & McDonald Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Norfolk Island and Tuvalu".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.