Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA BC beds

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2001, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
BA BC beds

Is anyone else out there having problems with waitlist for BA flights with beds. ? Normally on a QF waitlist I get my preferences just about every time, however with BA there seems to be no notice taken of the OneWorld status.
For long haul night flights the ability to sleep flat will probably cost QF a fair bit of business. (Assuming you can get a seat with BA)
Old Jul 16, 2001, 2:12 am

The problem with the BA seat/bed as has already been mentioned on the BA boards is width. With 8 abreast Club World, it's much narrower. A bit of width helps sleeping, for me anyway. I don't know whether QF will lose business because they don't have flat beds in biz.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 11:02 am

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, BA, UA, QF..
The beds seem very popular. I prefer them every time over Qantas biz seats. I have tried booking a reward seat (only possible on non-Qantas legs, such as HKG-LHR) and got zero availability for months at a time. Maybe I just don't understand the vagaries of BA's booking system.
Old Jul 16, 2001, 7:48 pm
mgm

A travel agent told me that BA are trying to make sure that all tickets sold for the new config J class are actual BA tickets. Even though there is a QF codeshare on the flight you will probably be able to book in World Traveller or First only. I would guess it is a pact between BA & QF to ensure that QF don't loose too much premium business class revenue by people booking the QF codeshare. Of course if you know what you are doing just book it as a regular BA flight. You might find that the fare will be a bit higher than the usual net BA/QF J fare (D class), there is a specific BA net fare published for what they call "premium business class". You could book the full J fare and that should not be a problem.

Try waitlisting as an actual BA flight. I've made three bookings since the new config was introduced for MEL and some SYD flights with no problem (though I am Emerald through AA).
Old Jul 17, 2001, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
Just got off the LHR/SNG flight with 9 hours sleep. I know who I'll be trying to use for o'nite trips into OZ from now on.

Also heard the mention of extra for BA BC. Since I generally take a Oneworld fare it should not really matter, as the flights are BA , not QF codeshare numbers.?
Any way I guess it means that seats will be tight for the foreseeable future for QF originating tickets .

Will see what 9 hours sleep now does for the next leg. I an flying to Syd via Melb to ensure the sleeper beds.
I am also of a small to medioum build so the width and length don't worry me too much. Altho, I DID notice it the first time I flew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.