Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - Sydney: FC or Bus Class?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2000, 3:41 pm

Sarecca san,
Thank you for your insight! As my sleeping pill only works for about 9 hours at the most, I get still 6 more hours to drink, eat and watch movies in the cabin. You menu suggestions is much appreciated, too!
Old Nov 26, 2000, 6:35 pm
mgm

Just my 2 cents worth. I would be careful about 1A & 1K - definitely more private but for some weird reason it seems to me that there is not as much space. I'm 6'2" and I felt quite cramped when the seat was in it's fully flat position. Also, you will be right next to the closet and often have pax coming up to hang or retrieve clothing - the doors open alarmingly close to the pax sitting in 1A & 1K. My preference is for 3A, just enough room between it and the middle seat (as compared to 2A which is way too close). It is a real pity that QF did not follow BA's angled "cabin" arrangement. So much more private and easier to move around.

If they have the Moroccan tomato soup on the snack menu I would highly recommend getting that at the regular meal service time (in case you are not up and about to take advantage of the snack service ). Unfortunately QF seemed to have discontinued Krug, at least that was the case on my Nov. 10 flight.
Old Nov 28, 2000, 9:42 am
Original Poster

[This message has been edited by ontheroad (edited 11-28-2000).]
Old Nov 29, 2000, 11:37 pm

Programs: OWEm (lifetime OWSapph x2), lifetime *G
Kaoru, I agree to both sarecca and mgm. 3A is fine, 4A is roomy. The Hi8 movie selection is pretty good, I'm sure you won't be bored. Sleep well...
Old Nov 30, 2000, 12:14 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I agree - 3&4 are probably the best. I have been in both.

You will absolutely love the service. I am jealous! I might actually try to make the trip again in early April to see family. Qantas does an excellent job on it's business class product, but you will not be sorry you chose first!
Old Nov 30, 2000, 12:36 am

Thank you everybody for your encouraging posts!

I am very lucky that I seem to have bought the Ex-Bud OWE fare right before the sudden major price increase; therefore, there is all the more reason to cherish my first class experience on QF. In fact, this will be my longest non-stop flight experience ever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.