Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: QP Life, AA Nothing, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Again if you could provide examples of QF lounges where QP members are not welcome, it would be very much appreciated.
Chairman's Lounges perhaps?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper

OK, this is interesting and we all love the little symbol (let's call it Mr Squiggle on our statement that recognizes a QF flight that builds towards our 4 segments and thus qualification for retaining or earning status.

I recently flew SYD/SFO on QF then AA codeshare QF SFO/LAX. My statement shows that flight as Mr Squiggle - any comment?

My LAX/ORD flight has not posted yet but I will be interested to see how it does.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Im confused.

You flew SYD-SFO on the QF operated flight using the QF number and then SFO-LAX on the AA operated flight using the QF flight number?

If so, I would expect both flights to count towards the 4 required flights

Dave
Old Nov 7, 2007, 9:13 pm

Programs: QF WP + PG
I agree with Dave, GoldFlyer. If you flew on the Qantas codeshare, this will indeed count as a "Mr Squiggle." Eligible flights include QF codeshares.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:21 am

Programs: QFF, Velocity, Asiana
The regs are a bit vague:
18.1.5 The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar.
Doesn't say if "on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar" actually means on their metal or on their flight numbers, but clearly since you have a squiggle, it mean on their flight numbers. I think NZ has a requirement that you fly at least one flight per year on their metal to avoid their FF program's annual fee.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Sea-Wolf
The regs are a bit vague:

Doesn't say if "on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar" actually means on their metal or on their flight numbers, but clearly since you have a squiggle, it mean on their flight numbers. I think NZ has a requirement that you fly at least one flight per year on their metal to avoid their FF program's annual fee.
The requirement is simply QF or JQ flight number, even if that is operated by another carrier, so yes, code-shares count (they did on a QF flight number operated JetAirways when I went to india last year).

The only requirement seems to be that it has to generate revenue for the Qantas group. So I got a squiggle for a flight on JQ which did not earn status credits or points (lowest jet saver fare), and I guess this explains why you are able to enter in a QF FF number for JQ flights which don't otherwise earn you anything. By the same token award or other free flights do not count.

Regards

LME etc etc
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:41 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
The "Mr Squiggle" symbol referred to is called, I believe, a tilde. Though Mr Squiggle has rather more appeal as a name.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Metal is not important, it is the flight number that matters. This is why people in Europe were thinking whether they could use the QF codeshare on German Rail to count towards the four segments.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:35 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Ah right,

Thanks for the clarification. I was of the belief that you only got a Mr. Squiggle if you flew QF metal and that codeshares (even if booked under a QF flight number) did not count towards your qualifying flights.

Miss Pat and blackboard are very happy .
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG+LTQP
We noticed amongst our friends that when Australians say "upside down Miss Pat / Jane / Rebecca" - you can tell how old they are

Is that the full list of Mr Squiggle's lovely assistants?

For me it will always be "Upside down, Miss Jane!"
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:26 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Talking

Originally Posted by bdmaus
We noticed amongst our friends that when Australians say "upside down Miss Pat / Jane / Rebecca" - you can tell how old they are

Miss Jane for me!
Thanks Goldflyer for bringing back some fond memories and a smile to my face this morning
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Sea-Wolf
I think NZ has a requirement that you fly at least one flight per year on their metal to avoid their FF program's annual fee.

Yes, and must be a paid flight (not award), although need not be a mileage-earning one.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bdmaus

No there were others and I remember Miss Gina

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Squiggle
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:07 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Miss Jane for me!
I was always jealous of Mr S . Miss Jane was my childhood heart-throb .
Old Nov 8, 2007, 3:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by NM
I was always jealous of Mr S . Miss Jane was my childhood heart-throb .
Poor old Mr S - with that texta colour sticking out of his nose. Must have been high on the thinners in the texta..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.