FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/721801-6th-annual-ft-agm-bne-qp-saturday-23-feb-2008-a.html)

shillard Aug 6, 2007 5:37 am

Wonder if the BNE QF pub will allow BYO?

They really do serve some rough crap in that joint....

Aus_Mal Aug 6, 2007 5:42 am

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 8181801)
Wonder if the BNE QF pub will allow BYO?

They really do serve some rough crap in that joint....

Don't worry, your tofu burgers and powdered milk will be acceptable. Just ask one of the staff to warm them up for you :P

(sorry, just had to bait you for a change :) )

anat0l Aug 6, 2007 7:12 am

Hi QF WP, how's your little one going? Hope she and your other half are well.

As for next year's AGM, put me down as a Silver, but a very shaky Silver at that. I am QFF Bronze with no QP membership, so I can only go on the condition that one of the following occurs:
  • I can sign up for corporate QP membership with my company (chance of success: 2%)
  • I pay for QP membership for a year - which is probably not viable as I don't travel enough to exploit it
  • Someone has a spare invite, or able to invite me in to QP (like last one, which I believe was on an invitation coupon)

If everything comes to fruition, this time it will be good to be there for the whole time and meet more people.

Aus_Mal Aug 6, 2007 7:32 am

Originally Posted by anat0l (Post 8182092)
Hi QF WP, how's your little one going? Hope she and your other half are well.

As for next year's AGM, put me down as a Silver, but a very shaky Silver at that. I am QFF Bronze with no QP membership, so I can only go on the condition that one of the following occurs:

When the time comes, I'm sure some friendly WP or other QP member flying that day can guest you in in... nothing to worry about as long as you're in BNE!

ozmerish Aug 6, 2007 7:47 am

Hoping to get there for this one!!

Silver - WP

moa999 Aug 6, 2007 7:47 am

Put me down as Gold - Platinum

Gold - Platinum
Up on QF175 in case anyone else wants to join me for breakfast in the FL (it was the cheapest flight!!)
Look forward to meeting some of you

moa999 / aubs on AFF

Aus_Mal Aug 6, 2007 10:03 am

Originally Posted by moa999 (Post 8182262)

Gold - Platinum
Up on QF175 in case anyone else wants to join me for breakfast in the FL (it was the cheapest flight!!)

moa999 / aubs on AFF

Hey aubs/moa999. Don't tempt me to fly down to SYD just for the brekkie and some extra Status Credits :cool:

Unfortunately in Feb, I'll be well over my yearly requirement (based on current plans ... and I did think I wouldn't make it this year!), so will pass... but if it had've been in March, then I would have reconsidered!

FlightDetective Aug 6, 2007 10:59 am

Put me down as Bronze, QF Gold.

Not sure if I'll be in Australia at that point, but if I am I will need to get two extra segments so SYD-BNE-SYD.

og Aug 6, 2007 4:20 pm

Gold (minus) is now GOLD (plus). Tickets booked and paid for. Arriving about 2pm.

DownUnderFlyer Aug 6, 2007 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 8185376)
Gold (minus) is now GOLD (plus). Tickets booked and paid for. Arriving about 2pm.

I wanted to book this morning. SYD-BNE was $89 yesterday night, this morning it was $120. Now it is down to $98. I hope the price will go down to $89 again for me to book.

shillard Aug 7, 2007 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal (Post 8181812)
Don't worry, your tofu burgers and powdered milk will be acceptable. Just ask one of the staff to warm them up for you :P

(sorry, just had to bait you for a change :) )

I've tried twice now, but I've got nothing.....

SFSC Aug 9, 2007 6:56 pm

Thanks QF WP

Gold - Bronze (QP)

Couldn't resist the $41 each way JQ fares ex NTL :D

DownUnderFlyer Aug 10, 2007 7:21 am

Gold - Platinum

moa999 / aubs on AFF

Put me down as a Gold now. Booked QF175 as well so I will be coming. Will be in the FL as well if someone needs help in getting in.

Bundy Bear Aug 12, 2007 4:37 am

I plan to be there.

Gold - Bronze(would be nice to change the status, I guess it will require lots of flying on Oneworld)

It will have been 5 years since the 1st FT AGM; and all the original members still post on FT.

Gold - Platinum

moa999 / aubs on AFF

Would be nice to visit the F Lounge, is it really worth a $193 round trip. :confused:

serfty Aug 12, 2007 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
... Would be nice to visit the F Lounge, is it really worth a $193 round trip. ...

Bundy Bear, only you can answer that. :)