Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas - New Fabrics/New Livery/Premium Economy/A380 Product

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas - New Fabrics/New Livery/Premium Economy/A380 Product

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:39 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
I have to say the suites look too enclosed for me they remind me of a confessional. The J cabin looks very boxy.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:52 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Maybe SQ is trying to hark back to an era when travelling was considered stylish...ie the 70s. They just lifted the decor from there as well.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:09 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I have to say the suites look too enclosed for me they remind me of a confessional. The J cabin looks very boxy.
... Forgive me Father, it has been at least six weeks since my last glass of Krug. Both the J cabin and the F suites look very claustraphobic, at least to me.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 8:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
... Forgive me Father, it has been at least six weeks since my last glass of Krug. Both the J cabin and the F suites look very claustraphobic, at least to me.
Particularly the J cabin, I know the seats are a lot wider, and this has been excessively debated, but they are SO close together it isn't funny.

Dave
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:22 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by thadocta
Particularly the J cabin, I know the seats are a lot wider, and this has been excessively debated, but they are SO close together it isn't funny.

Dave
Singapore Airlines has increased the seat pitch of the New Business Class seats on the A380 to 55" compared to 51" on the Boeing 777-300ER (B77W).

The width of the A380 also allows the seat width of the New Business Class to be increased to 34" (as opposed to 30").
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Singapore Airlines has increased the seat pitch of the New Business Class seats on the A380 to 55" compared to 51" on the Boeing 777-300ER (B77W).

The width of the A380 also allows the seat width of the New Business Class to be increased to 34" (as opposed to 30").
Suppose it's all down to whether you'd rather be battery or free range?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:36 pm

Battery.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:38 pm

Battery.
Indeed, what the world is coming to...
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:58 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Indeed, what the world is coming to...
... a brave new way... a brave new way...... a brave new waaayyyy...

TO FLY!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:31 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Battery.
In some countries you can be charged for such Especially if you add salt .
Old Oct 15, 2007, 5:02 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The SQ design looks old fashioned. Maybe I shouldn't but one of the reasons I like QF is the modern design. Marc Newson has done a great job from the colours to the news tea cups.
SQ is big. QF is modern.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I like the "Singapore Suite" design however for the other classes they look no better than QF and a few others. SQ have just gone the route of width for J but it looks too cramped. I do like some elbow room but SQ is too much and too conservative with the pitch hence the "cramped" look. No way I would pay a surcharge for those seats.
I do not know the differences between the QF A380 and SQ A380 WHY seats will be.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:29 am

Very weird. A380 upper deck is NARROWER than 777.

Increased pitch makes perfect sense, if the seat has to be in more forward direction due to lack of width for the diagonal.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
For those interested , 767-300 VH-ZXC now has the new fabrics, curtains and carpets throughout the cabin.

Also, Dreamtime configured 767-300s, VH-OGP and VH-OGQ will shortly be converted to the domestic Millennium configuration I think more will also be converted in 2008.

And as our NZ friends have mentioned, some of Jetconnect's fleet will be upgraded over the next few months.

You of course can check the latest at the QFlyer - Qantas Fleet Information!

Cheers
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:19 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I have had confirmation from two other Jetconnect sources that the 737-300 will get the J seats. Of course they could all be reading from the same briefing. Nothing about the number of seats but I would assume Millenium and 8 seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.