Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetConnects 'On Time' performance

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I find it odd that QF have outsourced maintenance to NZ and SQ. They are both members of the dark side that would have no particular interest in seeing that the work they do is top standard. I'm not suggesting that either would deliberately cut corners, compromise safety or create delays in their contracted work but you have to wonder.
QF hasnt outsourced to NZ Engineering, CAA requires a certain % of ZK registered aircraft to have more than 85% of maintenance scheduled and carried out by a New Zealand registered Aircraft Engineering Company.

It is for this reason Pacific Blue (who were dumped by NZ Engineering after they announced enterance into the NZ domestic market), are being forced to set up their own NZ Engineering Company to maintain their ZK aircraft.

For these companies to be reputable they have to meet and maintain standards.

I know in return QF Engineering has been a saviour to NZ in the past, for this reason NZ will continue offer engineering services to QF. I have seen at least 3 times in the late 90s an NZ aircraft sporting an engine with a Red triangle and white Kangaroo...

Last edited by workflyer; Oct 13, 2007 at 9:00 pm
Old Oct 17, 2007, 2:50 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
ZK-JNO Hit by Lightning

I am on my first SC run, 2,000 points and 20 SC for $70 NZD....unfortunately on QF4054 ZK-JNO was hit by lightning whilest descending to land at AKL. White ball and an impact below decks....
I have no idea why it took QF 1 hour to tell people that the flight QF4061, will be delayed besides engineering issues. It seems that whenever there is a delay AKL QP just does not communicate about delays very well. I have seen quite a few upset customers talk to the lounge agent, I am surprised by some of what they say and it just goes to show how people seem fed up with QF. Thankfully I am in the QP not out in the gate area.
Oh well WLG seem to communicate very well, including a countdown on approach of 3 abortive landings...If AKL could have told people that it was due to lightning not a mechanical issue then I would think people would be a bit more understanding.
I am happy I managed to see most of "The Nine" here as we now wait for the plane from CHC to land to take us to WLG, hopefully there is a legal crew to allow it.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:15 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Thumbs up Addendum to the lightning strike and delays

Well we did finally arrive in WLG and before the curfew, 1:30. All bar one international flight had arrive and WLG apron was quite full, especially as 2 gates QF and the internationals use are undergoing upgrades.
Anyway upon boarding the much delayed flight on are replacement plane all passengers were given a "Snack on Q" bag by our hardworking WLG based crew. This was a little surprising and a welcome gesture I thought especially to those "unfortunates" that did not have QP access as at that time all of AKL domestic shops were shut.
I also later found out on the flight that there would be no cash bar, not that I cared. Why? Because the cabin crew during the waiting time at the airport had provided the waiting "unfortunates" with the snacks and drinks from the catering carts.^
Well done QF, especially Ellanor and her hardworking crew.:-::-::-::-::-:
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Is Elanor the lady with the British accent? If that's the person I'm thinking of, she must be the most cheerful and customer-focused crew I've ever met. She always has a smile in front of the customers regardless of the circumstance. Sometimes she's so cheerful I thought she's on something.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
Is Elanor the lady with the British accent? If that's the person I'm thinking of, she must be the most cheerful and customer-focused crew I've ever met. She always has a smile in front of the customers regardless of the circumstance. Sometimes she's so cheerful I thought she's on something.
Yes you have described her well.
Unfortunately anytime I fly with her something always goes wrong and delays the flight. With QF no longer doing the 21:00 AKL-WLG flight from the 19:30 WLG-AKL turnaround aricraft, last flight to WLG will be 20:00, I am sure they will no longer go through such long duty days. It also ends my after work SC runs, not that I had too many of them planned.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:26 am

Thank you for your comments on Eleanor and her crew - I will pass these on tomorrow. I'm glad to hear they handled the situation well (and hope JNO is out and about again soon).
Old Oct 19, 2007, 1:58 am

Love Eleanor.. ^
Old Nov 2, 2007, 7:32 pm

Check-in at Christchurch this morning (11am flight) was dismal !!. I arrived at the airport an hour early to spend some time on the observation deck. Instead I had 55 mins waiting in line to check in - for a domestic flight.

There are still no Qantas self service check in machines - ironically Pacific Blue is in the process of installing their ones. Apparently online check-in has now been enabled for NZ domestic flights, however I didnt know this until I got to the airport.

A few weeks ago, Qantas described how it was going to implement improved standards of product/service etc and focus on its CityFlyer business service. Its now November and about time they actually delivered on the promise - and based on todays experience start with checking in. They just cannot seem to get the "whole" package right. Today the flight was relatively on time - only 15 mins late leaving.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
The only noticeable change so far at WLG is they swapped the Business Class/Qantas Club check-in area with the economy check-in area... Oh, and the overhead monitors at the check-in area have slightly different signage...
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Leumas
The only noticeable change so far at WLG is they swapped the Business Class/Qantas Club check-in area with the economy check-in area... Oh, and the overhead monitors at the check-in area have slightly different signage...
I thought the CityFlyer services only worked on weekdays not weekends.
The only thing I have noticed was the online check-in being available. I have just gotten off my AKL-WLG flight after a weekend in Auckland. This just reinforced my belief that QF in the air is better than NZ but still lags behind NZ on the ground, except those yummy cheese scones you get at the WLG Domestic QC^
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:27 pm

The official launch for NZ Cityflyer is November 15. The newspapers and bar were introduced immediately as it was simple. Online check in was then made available and there will be people working through the night to install quickcheck kiosks. I actually think the kisosks wont be completely done until Feb next year after the Christmas business break.

Still doesnt excuse a 55 min check in wait though... but lets remind ourselves who maganges check in and who those staff work for. May I suggest letting QF Customer Care know of your experience so that feedback can be given to Air New Zealands CHC airport DM.

Cabin Crew are currently undergoing a short course on the new service delivery that will commence from around Nov 15.

And yes, Cityflyer is Monday to Friday on AKL - WLG - CHC routes.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks for the update workflyer ^

Lots of changes next week
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:02 pm

I was booked on the 7:10am flight from AKL to Wgtn next Tuesday Nov 27th (a 734). The travel agent had to re-book me on the 8am flight as the 7:10am flight is now "cancelled". Looking at bookings, it appears to be the same on Monday also.

Anyone know what has happened to the plane this time ?.

Disappointing that once again Qantas which says its focussing on business travellers, cancels one of the flights most popular for them !
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:42 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
I think the same happened Tuesday morning this week. A work colleague was expecting a group from AKL but the flight was cancelled.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:22 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not sure. Perhaps it is the a/c refit? There are a lot of schedule changes lately. I have 6 upcoming flights that have changed times, some several times. While QF has emailed or called about some of the changes they haven't for some of them (one of which is now an earlier flight - wonder what will happen if I turn up for the time I booked?).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.